Assen Things to Do Tips by duke0123 Top 5 Page for this destination
Assen Things to Do: 57 reviews and 70 photos
If you like shopping go to The Forum, a shopping-centre in the middle of Assen.
In this shopping-centre are about 30 shops and restaurants. In The Forum you also can find the postoffice and the library.
Directions: The Forum is in the center of Assen and it is only a 10 minute walk from the railway station.
When you vistit Assen it is nice to go to the Drents Museum. (I have to admit I've only been there once.)
The museum has different exhibitions of different subjects. There are permanent exhibitions but also temporary ones. When you are interested in the history of Drente a visit to the museum should be on your list.
Interesting is the exhibition of corpses founded in peat. Well known is the girl from Yde. With the help of a computer they succeeded to give this girl a face.
Besides this there is much more to see, like paintings of Dutch masters and for children there is a prehistorical section.
So you see, you don't have to get bored in this museum.
Address: Brink 1, 9401 HS Assen
Directions: A walk to the museum only takes five minutes from the railway station, direction center.
Other Contact: email: email@example.com
Phone: (0592) 37 77 73
Very famous in Assen and a little less in the rest of The Netherlands is Bartje.
Bartje is a little boy and central figure in a book of the Dutch writer Anne de Vries who was born in Assen.
Historical and famous words of Bartje are 'I don't pray for kidney beans'.
Directions: You can find Bartje close to the center of Assen on a 5 minute walk from the railway station.
More Reviews (10)
duke0123's Related Pages
Assen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Assen, my hometown"
- "Assen: capital of the province of Drenthe"
- "sandravdp's Assen & Emmen Page"
- "Assen - capital of the province of Drenthe"
- "province of Drenthe"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Assen
- Hotels in Assen
- Transportation in Assen
- Nightlife in Assen
- Restaurants in Assen
- Shopping in Assen
- Warnings and Dangers in Assen
- See All...
Explore the World
- Hornborgasjön Hotels
- Melbourne Hotels
- Foz do Arelho
- Tela Hotels
- South Manitou Island Hotels
- Centre Georges Pompidou
- Alcaldia - City Hall
- Rabac Things to Do
- Opera, concerts, theatre in Venezia
- Ettlingen Things to Do
- Cagayan de Oro Things to Do
- Del Rio Things to Do
- Train tours
- Equatorial Guinea Things to Do
- Rogaland Things to Do
- Portogruaro Things to Do
- Halifax Citadel National Historic Site
Badges & Stats in Assen
- 13 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 37 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Assen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Assen
Top 10 Pages
- Kenya Intro, 12 reviews, 44 photos, 4 travelogues
- India Intro, 19 reviews, 36 photos, 4 travelogues
- Egypt Intro, 13 reviews, 31 photos, 4 travelogues
- Kathmandu 11 reviews, 26 photos, 4 travelogues
- Lhasa Intro, 11 reviews, 26 photos, 3 travelogues
- Suriname Intro, 15 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 11 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jerusalem Intro, 7 reviews, 22 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Assen Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Zambia Intro, 6 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues