"The Rock of Lion" Sigiriya by Poda
Sigiriya Travel Guide: 104 reviews and 278 photos
Climbing on the top you can see the rest of king palace and have a lovely view.
you have to do about 1200 steps and for people who has vertigo... the last step are really terrible!!!
The last step are where there was the lion, now you can see just the feet, but in the old you climbing on the lion body to arrive in his mouth ..it was the gate for the city.
I have vertigo... doing this step I suffered a lot, to go there I had to wait in the middle that all people who went down let free the step... terrible... to go down I did it folded on my legs... nearly to be sit down on the step... all people looking at me started to laugh... I don't know why.... I dressed my best clothes too!!
For 3 days with pains on my legs!!
- Cons:too much step... and vertigo
- In a nutshell:to visit
Poda's Related Pages
Sigiriya Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sigiriya - The Lion Rocks"
- "Sigiriya - Rock Frostress"
- "Sigiriya Rock Fortress"
- "Fortress in the Middle of Nowhere"
- "The Lion Fortress."
- "the lion mountain"
- "Good Base for the cultural triangle"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sigiriya
- Hotels in Sigiriya
- Transportation in Sigiriya
- Restaurants in Sigiriya
- Warnings and Dangers in Sigiriya
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sigiriya
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Sigiriya?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sigiriya
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 20 reviews, 36 photos, 4 travelogues
- Tunisia Intro, 11 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pisa Intro, 10 reviews, 29 photos, 3 travelogues
- Trieste Intro, 12 reviews, 23 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sri Lanka Intro, 34 photos, 5 travelogues
- Mexico Intro, 11 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Palma de Mallorca Intro, 10 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 10 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bientina Intro, 8 reviews, 18 photos, 3 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 7 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue