"The Border City" Görlitz by hunterV
Görlitz Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 22 photos
This border city located at the River Oder is where our road from the east to Germany begins.
We have passed Goerlitz four times on our way to and from Germany.
It was convenient for us to cross the city and then drive along the M5 further to the place of our destination.
The city is both ancient and modern. I feel there is a lot to see here: cathedrals, monuments, museums...
You can even see the remains of the ancient city fortification: long fragments of the city wall dating back to the 15th century.
The city architecture can tell you a lot about the development of the city located at the crossing of the old trade routes.
There are lots of half-timbered houses decorated with ornaments and murals, especially at 3 and 5 Untermarkt. In this respect Petersstrasse is unique.
The city council building is also very beautiful. You can't help admiring the city fountains.
In other words, this border city is very attracting and ,although you are in a hurry to drive further, you still want to stay here a little longer to see something new each time...
- Pros:Lots of medieval houses and churches, nice cafes
- Cons:it's a border city: you have to go farther to your destination
- In a nutshell:You are sorry to leave the city
hunterV's Related Pages
Görlitz Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Further east isn't possible..."
- "The Border City"
- "One of the most beautiful cities in Germany"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Görlitz
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to Görlitz?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Görlitz
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luhansk Intro, 357 reviews, 1924 photos, 14 travelogues
- Rubizhne Intro, 230 reviews, 1284 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 88 reviews, 544 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiev Intro, 100 reviews, 442 photos, 7 travelogues
- Horlivka Intro, 61 reviews, 446 photos, 10 travelogues
- Svyatogorsk Intro, 65 reviews, 405 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krasnodon Intro, 51 reviews, 342 photos, 10 travelogues
- Yelan' Intro, 58 reviews, 322 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stakhanov Intro, 48 reviews, 299 photos, 7 travelogues
- Kirovsk Intro, 63 reviews, 270 photos, 5 travelogues