"Proud Heritage" Oneida by hunterV
Oneida Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 12 photos
Oneida Nation Reservation is adjacent to the city of Green Bay (15 minutes drive).
Oneida Nation as a part of the Iroquois Confederation enjoys a lot of rights, but does not own the whole territory of the reservation. The Oneida Nation aims at buying all the land in the reservation in future.
The cars of Oneida nation people have their own registration numbers. The people have the emblem as the Sovereign Oneida Nation of Wisconsin . The motto is "Proud and Progressive" .
The emblem represents sacred animals of the Oneida nation: the turtle with a fur-tree above it and a wolf's head facing the west, a bear's head facing the east.
The Oneida Nation has its own school built in the form of a turtle that looks very special.
We visited the Oneida Nation Museum where we could hear some Oneida language, see an Indian hut, their weapons, clothes, etc.
We learned how the Indians built their homes, how they played, etc.
The gift shop in the museum was also special.
hunterV's Related Pages
Oneida Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Oneida
- 1 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to Oneida?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oneida
Photos in OneidaSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luhansk Intro, 357 reviews, 1924 photos, 14 travelogues
- Rubizhne Intro, 230 reviews, 1284 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 88 reviews, 544 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiev Intro, 100 reviews, 442 photos, 7 travelogues
- Horlivka Intro, 61 reviews, 446 photos, 10 travelogues
- Svyatogorsk Intro, 65 reviews, 405 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krasnodon Intro, 51 reviews, 342 photos, 10 travelogues
- Yelan' Intro, 58 reviews, 322 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stakhanov Intro, 48 reviews, 299 photos, 7 travelogues
- Kirovsk Intro, 63 reviews, 270 photos, 5 travelogues