"A College City" De Pere by hunterV
De Pere Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 15 photos
In early October 1999 my dream of visiting the United States came true. I arrived to the United States as a member of a group of Ukrainian educators, successful participants of Partners in Education teachers exchange program.
After staying in Washington D.C., where we spent about a week at the orientation seminar, we arrived to the town of De Pere, WI, where we studied at St.Norbert College.
It was the first small American city outside the capital that I was privileged to visit.
We stayed for a week at the campus of St.Norbert College on the beautiful bank of the River Fox.
We had lectures and seminars like students and stayed in the dormitory.
It was an introduction seminar before our internship at the American schools of the area.
We were fortunate to witness Homecoming - the event that took place on October 9.
It was a very special students' holiday celebrating their coming back from the summer vacations.
Students, who organized a show on the city streets, flooded the entire downtown.
The facilities of the college, nice students’ rooms, fabulous equipment and delicious and abundant meals at the students' canteen impressed us a lot.
It was also nice to walk over the bridge to the city and to window-shop at Shopko shopping mall, to walk along Broadway Street to Voyager Park, to see the White Pillars Museum and James Street Inn. It's a nice quiet city on the Fox River.
The views of the river were superb! Who would say no to another trip to that city!
More information on the city at:
- Pros:Lots of nice qiet streets with everything in them
- Cons:Little time to see everything...
- In a nutshell:A nice college city
We were lucky for at that time we witnessed Homecoming which was on October 9. It was a very special holiday. The... more travel advice
Having meals at the students' canteen at the college campus. The menu was so various and the dishes so delicious.... more travel advice
hunterV's Related Pages
De Pere Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A College City"
- "Norbert of Xenta meets Cheesehead City"
- "Home of Packer Training Camp"
- See All...
- Things to Do in De Pere
- Hotels in De Pere
- Nightlife in De Pere
- Restaurants in De Pere
- See All...
Badges & Stats in De Pere
- 6 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (122)
Have you been to De Pere?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in De Pere
Photos in De PereSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luhansk Intro, 357 reviews, 1924 photos, 14 travelogues
- Syeverodonets'k Intro, 243 reviews, 1502 photos, 32 travelogues
- Rubizhne Intro, 235 reviews, 1309 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 156 reviews, 1004 photos, 27 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiev Intro, 99 reviews, 440 photos, 7 travelogues
- Horlivka Intro, 62 reviews, 451 photos, 10 travelogues
- Svyatogorsk Intro, 65 reviews, 405 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krasnodon Intro, 51 reviews, 342 photos, 10 travelogues
- Yelan' Intro, 58 reviews, 322 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stakhanov Intro, 49 reviews, 304 photos, 7 travelogues