"A College City" De Pere by hunterV
De Pere Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 15 photos
In early October 1999 my dream of visiting the United States came true and I arrived to the United States as a member of a group of educators from Ukraine.
After staying in Washington D.C. where we spent about a week at the orientation seminar we arrived to the town of De Pere, WI where we studied at St.Norbert College.
It was the first small American city outside the capital that I was privileged to visit.
We stayed for a week at the campus of St.Norbert College on the beautiful bank of the River Fox.
We had lectures and seminars like students and lived in a dormitory.
It was an introduction seminar before our internship at the American schools of the area.
We were lucky for at that time we witnessed Homecoming - the event that took place on October 9.
It was a very special students' holiday celebrating their coming back from the summer vacations.
Students who organized a show on the city streets flooded the whole city.
The facilities of the college, nice students’ rooms, fabulous equipment and delicious and abundant meals impressed us a lot.
It was also nice to walk over the bridge to the city and
to walk along Broadway Street to Voyager Park,
to see the White Pillars Museum
and James Street Inn.
It's a nice quiet city on the Fox River.
The views of the river were superb! Who would say no to another trip to that city!
More information on the city at:
- Pros:Lots of nice qiet streets with everything in them
- Cons:Little time to see everything...
- In a nutshell:A nice college city
We were lucky for at that time we witnessed Homecoming which was on October 9. It was a very special holiday. The... more travel advice
Having meals at the students' canteen at the college campus. The menu was so various and the dishes so delicious.... more travel advice
hunterV's Related Pages
De Pere Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A College City"
- "Norbert of Xenta meets Cheesehead City"
- "Home of Packer Training Camp"
- See All...
- Things to Do in De Pere
- Hotels in De Pere
- Nightlife in De Pere
- Restaurants in De Pere
- See All...
Badges & Stats in De Pere
- 6 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to De Pere?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in De Pere
Photos in De PereSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luhansk Intro, 357 reviews, 1924 photos, 14 travelogues
- Rubizhne Intro, 230 reviews, 1284 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 88 reviews, 544 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiev Intro, 100 reviews, 442 photos, 7 travelogues
- Horlivka Intro, 61 reviews, 446 photos, 10 travelogues
- Svyatogorsk Intro, 65 reviews, 405 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krasnodon Intro, 51 reviews, 342 photos, 10 travelogues
- Yelan' Intro, 58 reviews, 322 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stakhanov Intro, 48 reviews, 299 photos, 7 travelogues
- Kirovsk Intro, 63 reviews, 270 photos, 5 travelogues