"Classic American City" Top 5 Page for this destination Appleton by hunterV

Appleton Travel Guide: 56 reviews and 72 photos

Teachers' Conference in Appleton

On this picture you can see us, Ukrainian educators from Luhansk region, the "chosen few", winners of "Partners in Education" teachers exchange program, during a lunch break at the conference in "Paper Valley Hotel" in Appleton.
Appleton is the biggest of the Fox Cities in the state of Wisconsin. It's often called Classic American City.
We saw that downtown Appleton offered a lot of opportunities for shopping, site seeing, dining, etc.
I only took part at a teachers' conference in this city when I stayed and worked in Green Bay as an exchange teacher, the national winner of "Partners in Education" (PIE) program, and had little time to browse its streets.
We, a group of Ukrainian educators, winners of that contest, stayed and worked at "Paper Valley Hotel" in College Avenue.
This is the picture taken during a lunch break at the conference we attended in Paper Valley Hotel. You can see a group of teachers from Luhansk region, national winners of the US-sponsored teachers contest "Partners in Education".
Thanks a lot, American counterparts! It was unforgettable time! A once-in-a-lifetime experience!

• Pros:Wonderful downtown and a great hotel: "Paper Valley Hotel"
  • Cons:none that I know of
  • In a nutshell:Very nice little city
  • Last visit to Appleton: Nov 1999
  • Intro Updated Jul 14, 2014

• wise23girl's Profile Photo
    Feb 6, 2012 at 11:15 PM

I visit you in Appleton
    M

• csordila's Profile Photo
    May 16, 2010 at 4:32 PM

One of the amazing enjoyable small towns in America; I like them. By the way, thank you for your Bahama visit and rating. Best. L.

• TheTravelSlut's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2009 at 6:51 PM

Interesting...thanks! :-) Ann, TS

• moiraistyx's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2009 at 10:34 AM

I've been to Funset Boulevard and the Children's Museum. They are both lots of fun.

• KiKitC's Profile Photo
    Nov 11, 2008 at 7:30 AM

You look comfortable behind that podium. Is Appleton part of the Door County that made your top 10 list?

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2004 at 2:39 PM

Wonderful memories for you. Next time you must visit New England and just have fun....no speaking engagements. :-)

• Oct 24, 2004 at 4:09 PM

Appleton sounds a nice place, nice tips and photo's my friend :-)

• shrimp56's Profile Photo
    May 2, 2004 at 5:33 AM

It's a great town! I love the picture of you and your colleagues:)))

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2004 at 4:02 AM

Interesting reading here from you Viktor. We've driven by the Appleton exit a few times heading either north or south, but only briefly visited it once. thanks for bringing back those memories to me!

hunterV

“The entire world with your own eyes”

Badges & Stats in Appleton

Have you been to Appleton?

Latest Activity in Appleton