"The Former Capital" Karlsruhe by hunterV
Karlsruhe Travel Guide: 900 reviews and 4,132 photos
Karlsruhe was the capital of Baden until 1952.
It was known as a fan-city on account of the fan-shaped layout given to it by its founder, Duke Karl-Wilhelm of Baden.
He designed the fan-shaped network of streets radiating outward from the tower.
Now you can see a small pyramid in the heart of the city.
The pyramid stands on the place of the church over the grave of Duke Karl-Wilhelm.
Now the city has the second biggest inland port in Germany and a famous university.
The university students spend their free time in the Castle Park that is a stone's throw from the college.
We went to that park for some relaxation, too.
There is a small lake and you can just lie on the grass and enjoy the sunshine.
hunterV's Related Pages
Karlsruhe Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Karlsruhe - the cradle of VirtualTourist"
- "EASY TO GET HERE, EASY TO SEE & A VT EUROMEET !!!"
- "Karlsruhe - under construction until 2019....."
- "VirtualTourist meetings in Karlsruhe"
- "Karlsruhe, a city with many attractions"
- "Euromeet 2008: a Friday in Speyer"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Karlsruhe
- Hotels in Karlsruhe
- Transportation in Karlsruhe
- Nightlife in Karlsruhe
- Restaurants in Karlsruhe
- Shopping in Karlsruhe
- Warnings and Dangers in Karlsruhe
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Karlsruhe
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Karlsruhe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Karlsruhe
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luhansk Intro, 357 reviews, 1924 photos, 14 travelogues
- Rubizhne Intro, 235 reviews, 1309 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 88 reviews, 544 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiev Intro, 99 reviews, 440 photos, 7 travelogues
- Horlivka Intro, 61 reviews, 446 photos, 10 travelogues
- Svyatogorsk Intro, 65 reviews, 405 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krasnodon Intro, 51 reviews, 342 photos, 10 travelogues
- Yelan' Intro, 58 reviews, 322 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stakhanov Intro, 49 reviews, 304 photos, 7 travelogues
- Kirovsk Intro, 63 reviews, 270 photos, 5 travelogues