"Hi, Windy City!" Chicago by hunterV

Chicago Travel Guide: 5,936 reviews and 12,194 photos

Two Days and Two Nights

I was honored and privileged to stay in the US as an exchange teacher with a group of Ukrainian educators, winners of Parners in Education contest, in the fall of 1999.
Although I had a chance of staying in Chicago for only two days and two nights, I managed to see and to experience a lot.
Our hosts, American Councils for International Education, did their best to make our stay there unforgettable and organized a stay in Chicago for us.
We stayed at Congress Plaza Hotel in Michigan Avenue and had lots of excursions and visits to the museums.
We went there from Green Bay, WI, where we had our internship.

"Windy City"

Now I know that Chicago is sometimes called "Windy City" not because it has the strongest gales, but because of its long-winded politicians.

I'll Be Back...

I'd like to come back to this wonderful city some day.
Let's hope fot the best!

• Pros:Michigan Avenue, Lake Michigan, Museum Campus!
  • Cons:Very busy traffic
  • In a nutshell:Nice to visit in any season!
  • Last visit to Chicago: Nov 1999
  • Intro Updated Aug 13, 2011

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2014 at 8:39 PM

I have changed planes several times in Chicago, but didn't have the opportunity to explore it. It looks like a fantastic place to visit. Thanks for sharing your adventure here!

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2012 at 2:18 PM

I spent a few days in Chicago on one of my daughter's business trips. You may find some familiar sights on my pages. I enjoyed the city too. It was much nicer than expected and I found much to amuse myself even when Susan was working and I was alone. Loved the river through the middle!

• Jerelis's Profile Photo
    Oct 1, 2012 at 2:23 AM

So, Chicago is the windy city? Love that tittle! Always a joy to read your tips and view your pictures!

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2012 at 4:17 AM

I had to laugh when i read your explanation of why Chicago is considered the windy city:) did you enjoy chicago pizza?

• hunterV's Profile Photo
      Sep 11, 2012 at 4:21 AM

Well, history teaches us, so we were told about that explanation while in the US...

• csordila's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2012 at 11:09 PM

From what I have seen of Chicago on your page, I like it very much! Great informationen! L.

• wise23girl's Profile Photo
    Feb 6, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Is this one of your favourite cities?
    M

• RoscoeGregg's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2011 at 6:48 AM

I am glad you got to Chicago. It is a great place. I loved the CIA Museum.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Oct 2, 2010 at 5:00 PM

Vitor, I too was surprised by how much Chicago impressed me with its architecture and friendliness! Great tips and it looks like you really enjoyed your time there! I too ended up at the amazing Museum of Science and Industry.

• Basaic's Profile Photo
    Aug 15, 2010 at 5:31 AM

Great update on your Chicago page!

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Jan 2, 2010 at 1:36 AM

Nice to see you enjoyed your stay at the Windy City! Awesome

hunterV

“The entire world with your own eyes”

Badges & Stats in Chicago

Have you been to Chicago?

Latest Activity in Chicago