"Hi, Windy City!" Chicago by hunterV
Chicago Travel Guide: 5,936 reviews and 12,194 photos
I was honored and privileged to stay in the US as an exchange teacher with a group of Ukrainian educators, winners of Parners in Education contest, in the fall of 1999.
Although I had a chance of staying in Chicago for only two days and two nights, I managed to see and to experience a lot.
Our hosts, American Councils for International Education, did their best to make our stay there unforgettable and organized a stay in Chicago for us.
We stayed at Congress Plaza Hotel in Michigan Avenue and had lots of excursions and visits to the museums.
We went there from Green Bay, WI, where we had our internship.
Now I know that Chicago is sometimes called "Windy City" not because it has the strongest gales, but because of its long-winded politicians.
I'd like to come back to this wonderful city some day.
Let's hope fot the best!
- Pros:Michigan Avenue, Lake Michigan, Museum Campus!
- Cons:Very busy traffic
- In a nutshell:Nice to visit in any season!
We, ten Ukrainian educators from Luhansk, stayed in this hotel three days and two nights. It was striking to see the old... more travel advice
Walking along Michigan Avenue you can visit the Art Institute of Chicago that contains nice impressionist and... more travel advice
hunterV's Related Pages
Chicago Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The place I call home"
- "Captivating City of "The Big Shoulders": Chicago"
- "Never A Lovely So Real"
- "Chicago - My Favorite City in the United States!"
- "Sweet Home Chicago!"
- "Chicago - I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chicago
- Hotels in Chicago
- Transportation in Chicago
- Nightlife in Chicago
- Restaurants in Chicago
- Shopping in Chicago
- Warnings and Dangers in Chicago
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chicago
- 7 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 47 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Chicago?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chicago
Photos in ChicagoSee All Photos (24)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luhansk Intro, 357 reviews, 1924 photos, 14 travelogues
- Rubizhne Intro, 235 reviews, 1309 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 156 reviews, 1004 photos, 27 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiev Intro, 99 reviews, 440 photos, 7 travelogues
- Horlivka Intro, 62 reviews, 451 photos, 10 travelogues
- Svyatogorsk Intro, 65 reviews, 405 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krasnodon Intro, 51 reviews, 342 photos, 10 travelogues
- Yelan' Intro, 58 reviews, 322 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stakhanov Intro, 49 reviews, 304 photos, 7 travelogues
- Kirovsk Intro, 63 reviews, 270 photos, 5 travelogues