"Germany Welcomes You!" Germany by hunterV

Germany Travel Guide: 57,044 reviews and 167,847 photos

My Trips to Germany

Germany was the first foreign country I visited.
I went to Germany for the first time as a student of a Soviet teacher-training college of foreign languages in August 1981.
It was a Soviet students' group from different colleges of the country.
We spent about a month at the teacher training college in Magdeburg.
We had an intensive course in German at the college. On the weekends we were privileged to visit some of the famous sights nearby.
Then I went to Germany as an interpreter with a folk dance group from Luhansk in July 1990. We took part at the International Folk Dance festival in Bitburg, Rheinland-Pfalz, and in the City Festival in Balingen, Baden-Wuerttemberg.
Those were exciting experiences and discoveries - simply unforgettable!
Now I am looking forward to every new trip to Germany and always visit this country with pleasure knowing I have some good friends there.
There are so many places to visit there!

Active Participation

Besides being an interpreter at the folklore festivals, I also played tambourine at the central stage during the performances of the dance group from Ukraine at the International Folk Dance Festival in Bitburg called Border Countries' Dance Meeting.
In May 2002 I took part in another international folk dance festival in Germany in the city of Balingen (www.balingen.de).
The theme of the festival was:
Dancing Love Stories from 11 Countries.
Thanks to all our sponsors and organizers of the festival!

Friends Forever

In the questionnaire of Deutsche Welle, Germans selected these locations as their 10 favorite places to be a tourist ( I wrote in bold those places that I have already enjoyed visiting):
1. Cologne Cathedral
2. Neuschwanstein Castle (Schwangau)
3. Church of Our Lady (Dresden)
4. Brandenburg Gate (Berlin)
5. Hamburg Port
6. Sanssouci Castle (Potsdam)
7. Berlin
8. Monument of the Battle of the Nations (Leipzig)
9. Television Tower (Berlin)
10. Suspended Railway (Wuppertal)

All in all I have visited Germany ten times already, among them seven times as an interpreter, two times for studies and once it was a private trip.

In April 2001 I went to Germany as a German teacher on the invitation of the Ministry of Culture of Baden-Wuerttemberg. I attended a professional development seminar at the State Academy for Advanced Training of Teachers in Calw as a member of a group of German teachers from Ukraine. The seminar was called "Country Study Through Your Experience".

I think I have several good friends in this country. We remain pen pals and are always glad to see each other again.

This picture here shows one of my gifts from Germany. The badge is dedicated to Hohenzollern Castle that our group visited once during our visit. It was a special gift to me from our hosts and I imagined it was my first German order. :-)

All in all I have been to Germany ten times already within 25 years (from 1981 till 2006).
I do hope my next trip to that wonderful country will take place soon! :-)
Let's hope for the best!
Bis bald!

• Pros:Friendly people and beautiful scenery
  • Cons:Very busy motorways with traffic jams (sometimes...)
  • In a nutshell:Very intensive communication, lots of friends!
  • Last visit to Germany: Sep 2006
  • Intro Updated Aug 13, 2011

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Jul 17, 2012 at 9:08 AM

We made two trips in the last year and saw a lot. Your help in reading about sites is beneficial and very good guide.

• Kuznetsov_Sergey's Profile Photo
    Mar 13, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Great updates since August of 2008! A very comprehensive page about my favorite European country! You have seen a lot there but so many interesting places left to see! And I wish you visit them!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Feb 6, 2011 at 4:52 PM

Great insights. Your photographs are excellent and I love seeing you with the young people. Lucky you...I'm impressed that you have visited Germany 10 times. I've not even visited once.

• kris-t's Profile Photo
    Jan 29, 2011 at 8:38 AM

Hi Victor, very interesting Germany page with nice pictures. Spasibo. And thanks for dropping by.

• cokes's Profile Photo
    Nov 29, 2010 at 11:30 AM

Thanks for stopping by and nice tips on Germany.

• bugulma's Profile Photo
    Nov 27, 2010 at 10:39 AM

... and I prefer to spend some days In Germany :-)

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Jul 1, 2010 at 4:44 AM

Hans and I have also visited Germany many times and my favourite towns are Rothenburg ob der Tauber and Mosbach and any others with the wonderful half-timbered buildings. Nice page Victor.

• Bernd_L's Profile Photo
    Jun 8, 2010 at 5:57 AM

Nice page about my country, Victor. And yes, I know about that traffic jams on the autobahn, big sigh ;o))

• csordila's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2010 at 12:03 PM

Victor, du hast wirklich viel gesehen!! Übrigens, ich gratuliere dir zu deine Auszeichnung Interpreter of Merit! Good job! Best. L.

• DAO's Profile Photo
    Feb 22, 2010 at 9:48 AM

Hi Victor, great pic of you on the motorway ! All the best.

hunterV Visits Here Frequently!

hunterV

“The entire world with your own eyes”

Badges & Stats in Germany

Have you been to Germany?

Latest Activity in Germany