"Germany Welcomes You!" Germany by hunterV
Germany Travel Guide: 59,093 reviews and 177,526 photos
Germany was the first foreign country that I visited. I went to Germany for the first time as a student of a Soviet teacher-training college of foreign languages in August 1981. It was a Soviet students' group from different colleges of the country. We spent about a month at the teacher training college in Magdeburg. We had an intensive course in German at the college. At weekends we were privileged to visit some of the famous sights nearby such as the Harz Cities.
Then I went to Germany as an interpreter with a folk dance group from Luhansk in July 1990. We took part at the International Folk Dance Festival in Bitburg, Rheinland-Pfalz, and in the City Festival in Balingen, Baden-Württemberg.
Those were exciting experiences and discoveries; they were simply unforgettable!
Now I am looking forward to every new trip to Germany and always visit this country with pleasure, knowing that I have some good friends there.
There are so many places to visit in Germany!
Besides being an interpreter at the folklore festivals, I also played tambourine at the central stage during the performances of the dance group from Ukraine at the International Folk Dance Festival in Bitburg called Border Countries' Dance Meeting.
In May 2002 I took part in another international folk dance festival in Germany in the city of Balingen (www.balingen.de).
The theme of the festival was:
Dancing Love Stories from 11 Countries.
Thanks to all our sponsors and organizers of the festival!
In the questionnaire of Deutsche Welle, Germans selected these locations as their 10 favorite places to be a tourist ( I wrote in bold those places that I have already enjoyed visiting):
1. Cologne Cathedral
2. Neuschwanstein Castle (Schwangau)
3. Church of Our Lady (Dresden)
4. Brandenburg Gate (Berlin)
5. Hamburg Port
6. Sanssouci Castle (Potsdam)
8. Monument of the Battle of the Nations (Leipzig)
9. Television Tower (Berlin)
10. Suspended Railway (Wuppertal)
All in all I have visited Germany ten times already, among them seven times as an interpreter, two times for studies and once it was a private trip.
In April 2001 I went to Germany as a German teacher on the invitation of the Ministry of Culture of Baden-Wuerttemberg. I attended a professional development seminar at the State Academy for Advanced Training of Teachers in Calw as a member of a group of German teachers from Ukraine. The seminar was called "Country Study Through Your Experience".
I think I have several good friends in this country. We remain pen pals and are always glad to see each other again.
This picture here shows one of my gifts from Germany. The badge is dedicated to Hohenzollern Castle that our group visited once during our visit. It was a special gift to me from our hosts and I imagined it was my first German order. :-)
All in all I have been to Germany ten times already within 25 years (from 1981 till 2006).
I do hope my next trip to that wonderful country will take place soon! :-)
Let's hope for the best!
- Pros:Friendly people and beautiful scenery
- Cons:Very busy motorways with traffic jams (sometimes...)
- In a nutshell:Very intensive communication, lots of friends!
I am glad I went to Germany as an interpreter with a folk dance group from Luhansk in July 1990. Our visit was within... more travel advice
I was very pleased to have some tea with my friend Alfred when I was in Black Forest Area. They have teahouses where... more travel advice
hunterV's Related Pages
Germany Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Where to go and what to see !"
- "Germany - my beautiful home country :-)"
- "Germany on a Budget from an Insider"
- "Germany - Home, sweet Home!"
- "Breweries, Hikes and Climbs"
- "Paul's Germany Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Germany
- Hotels in Germany
- Transportation in Germany
- Nightlife in Germany
- Restaurants in Germany
- Shopping in Germany
- Warnings and Dangers in Germany
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Germany
- 162 Reviews
- 783 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 25 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (122)
Have you been to Germany?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Germany
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luhansk Intro, 357 reviews, 1924 photos, 14 travelogues
- Rubizhne Intro, 235 reviews, 1309 photos, 12 travelogues
- Syeverodonets'k Intro, 161 reviews, 1043 photos, 27 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 156 reviews, 1004 photos, 27 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiev Intro, 99 reviews, 440 photos, 7 travelogues
- Horlivka Intro, 62 reviews, 451 photos, 10 travelogues
- Svyatogorsk Intro, 65 reviews, 405 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krasnodon Intro, 51 reviews, 342 photos, 10 travelogues
- Yelan' Intro, 58 reviews, 322 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stakhanov Intro, 49 reviews, 304 photos, 7 travelogues