"Visiting A Friend of Mine" Metalist by hunterV
Metalist Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 56 photos
Metallist is a small town just outside of the northern outskirts of Luhansk in the neighboring Slavianoserbsk County of Luhansk region.
Since this town is not registered among VT Destinations, I had to choose a town with the same name located in the neighboring Donetsk region to write a few words about my visit to Metallist Luhansk region.
I went there to see my friend Father Vladimir, the dean of the church of St.Antonius and St.Theodosius of Kiev Cave Laura, the only Orthodox Church in Metallist.
We planned to pay a pilgrimage visit to Yelan Rostov region together, which we did in October 2010 to celebrate St.John the Evangelist’s Day there.
93733 is the mailing area code or Metallist.
Metallist is officially called a settlement.
You would call it a town, although to us it looks more like a village.
Metallist has an official website:
Official website of Metallist
Five villages are subjected to Metallist Village Council: Shishkovo, Stukalova Balka, Liman, Rayevka and Zemlianoye.
The total number of inhabitants is about three thousand.
There is a leisure center in Metallist and two village clubs: in the village of Rayevka and in the village of Shishkovo.
The residents of Metallist celebrate their Town Day on the third Saturday of October.
On October 16, 2010 they celebrated the 80th anniversary of the foundation of Metallist.
The festival was crowned with a big fireworks display.
Metallist is well-known for its agricultural enterprises.
Luhansk institute of agricultural industry production is an important scientific research center of Luhansk region. I passed its building as I was walking towards the Othodox church.
The research center entrance is adorned with nice mosaics.
It is famous for its selection of new sorts of agriciltural crops.
Annual regional agricultural exhibitions were held here in Soviet times.
You can see exhibition of wheat sheaves in the entrance hall of this research institute.
There are other enterprises at the territory of Metallist Council:
- Luhansk Seed Station;
- Slav Agro Co.;
- Soil Protection research center;
- gas storage station and others.
- Pros:Nice and quiet streets, a village club, a small Orthodox church
- Cons:about an hour trip to Luhansk in an overcrowded bus
- In a nutshell:Old Agricultural Glory
The Village Club is open on week days from 8 a.m. until 7 p.m. Saturday and Sunday are days off. The club attracts a lot... more travel advice
If you enter the building of Luhansk institute of agricultural industry production , you will see the exhibition of... more travel advice
hunterV's Related Pages
Metalist Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Metalist
- 9 Reviews
- 56 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Metalist?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Metalist
Photos in MetalistSee All Photos (56)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luhansk Intro, 357 reviews, 1924 photos, 14 travelogues
- Rubizhne Intro, 209 reviews, 1163 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 88 reviews, 544 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiev Intro, 100 reviews, 442 photos, 7 travelogues
- Horlivka Intro, 61 reviews, 446 photos, 10 travelogues
- Svyatogorsk Intro, 65 reviews, 405 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krasnodon Intro, 51 reviews, 342 photos, 10 travelogues
- Yelan' Intro, 55 reviews, 307 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stakhanov Intro, 48 reviews, 299 photos, 7 travelogues
- Kirovsk Intro, 63 reviews, 270 photos, 5 travelogues