Krasnodon Warnings Or Dangers Tips by hunterV
Krasnodon Warnings and Dangers: 4 reviews and 20 photos
What a terrible accident! Things happen!
It's not a real danger, but please pay attention to the following things (like anywhere else in Ukraine though):
the traffic tends to be very busy and accidents do occur like this one.
No panic, the traffic police are professionals, confide in them.
Litter in the city parks especially after a weekend, tends to accumulate.
Don't be shocked or deterred, it will be cleaned pretty fast on Monday (hopefully).
Visiting the market or a supermarket where there are crowds of people take normal precautions.
Forget your back pocket of your jeans. We call it "strangers' pocket", that is, whatever you put in there, does not belong to you any more...;-)
Visiting a city church know the rules of behavior in Orthodox churches (see my Luhansk page, Local Customs).
Have a nice stay in Krasnodon!
"Aquaterra" water truck for locals, Krasnodon
Aquatoria water trucks attract scores of locals.
These truck carry fresh drinking water, 5C a liter.
If you are thirsty, get a bottle of mineral water at a local store or buy big bottles from such a truck like locals do.
The tap water here, like in many other towns and cities of Luhansk region, leaves much to be desired.
There are a lot of bars and cafes where you can sit and relax.
The fenced foundation pit in the main street
If you decide to visit the church located near the under counstruction site - St.George's Chapel in First Mounted Army Street, - be careful.
The entire area is fenced, but there is a small entrance leading to the chapel.
You have to pass a huge foundation area of a future cathedral.
There is no construction site there now, but the construction pit remains there.
I had to be very careful before I approached the chapel.
I have talked to my locals friends here and found out their opinion about the locals' favorite pastime in Krasnodon.
Many people think it is picking up a fight.
They say in the evenings and during the holiday celebrations the parks are full of tipsy young and not-so-young people whose main occupation and hobby is picking up a fight.
The locals say jokingly there is nothing else to do in the city except to fight your offenders or punish impolite strangers.
So I remembered this rule and during my stays there tried not to fall under one of those categories of people: offenders or impolite strangers.
I decided to relax and to remain polite if I happen to bump into a stool-pigeon in the street whatever he says.
Besides, I have seldom walked there without my local friends.
So if you are visiting Krasnodon, don't get provoked, just relax and enjoy your stay!
FYI (hopefully it will not deter you):
“Focus” magazine reports that as of April 2009, Krasnodon is among top five most criminal cities of Ukraine, Luhansk being the criminal capital of Ukraine!
The stubborn statictic data say that the number of crimes per 10,000 people is 57 within the first four months of 2009.
Two more cities of Luhansk region are top five criminal cites of Ukraine:
Lissichansk (54 crimes per 10,000 people)
and Krasnodon (46.9 crimes per 10,000 people).
This is just for your general knowledge and not to frighten you, fellow travelers.
During your stay in this city you can make sure yourself that all this crime rate statistics has nothing to do with enthusiastic foreign travelers.
Have a nice stay in Krasnodon!
Please let me know when you are in our area and I will gladly keep you company for awhile.
More Reviews (47)
- See All Cab Service
- See All Summer Disco
- See All A Snack in Lenin Square
- See All Enjoy Your Visit!
- See All Pheasants of Krasnodon
- No Mountaineering Please
hunterV's Related Pages
Krasnodon Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Krasnodon
- Hotels in Krasnodon
- Transportation in Krasnodon
- Nightlife in Krasnodon
- Restaurants in Krasnodon
- Shopping in Krasnodon
- Warnings and Dangers in Krasnodon
- See All...
Explore the World
- Lalibela Hotels
- Pence Springs Hotels
- French Guiana Hotels
- Province of Nueva Ecija
- Lake Oswego
- Puerto Colombia
- El Emir Abdelkader Hotels
- Montreal Warnings and Dangers
- New Mexico Warnings and Dangers
- Coimbra Warnings and Dangers
- Gulf Shores Warnings and Dangers
- Cash / Money
- South Bend Warnings and Dangers
- Republic of Serbia Warnings and Dangers
- Grand Canyon Warnings and Dangers
- Crime and Safety
- Raiatea Warnings and Dangers
- Punta de Mita Warnings and Dangers
- Asheville Warnings and Dangers
Badges & Stats in Krasnodon
- 51 Reviews
- 339 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Krasnodon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Krasnodon
Photos in KrasnodonSee All Photos (339)
Videos in KrasnodonSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luhansk Intro, 357 reviews, 1924 photos, 14 travelogues
- Rubizhne Intro, 230 reviews, 1284 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 88 reviews, 544 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiev Intro, 100 reviews, 442 photos, 7 travelogues
- Horlivka Intro, 61 reviews, 446 photos, 10 travelogues
- Svyatogorsk Intro, 65 reviews, 405 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krasnodon Intro, 51 reviews, 342 photos, 10 travelogues
- Yelan' Intro, 58 reviews, 322 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stakhanov Intro, 48 reviews, 299 photos, 7 travelogues
- Kirovsk Intro, 63 reviews, 270 photos, 5 travelogues