Novopskov Favorite Tips by hunterV
Novopskov Favorites: 4 reviews and 20 photos
On the way: road signs
Favorite thing: The scenery is nice and the roads are not too bad.
If you travel by car, you can also use that chance to do some shopping.
Almost every village house offers vegetables, eggs, honey or milk for sale.
You can see goods placed on a stool in front fo a house entrance.
The passing cars can make a stop and in front of a "mini-shop" and buy something for home.
Fondest memory: There are a lot of picturesque villages on your way to Novopskov.
The distance is about 100 miles.
The bus from Luhansk makes an about twenty minutes stopover in Starobelsk.
This is when you can have your breakfast or lunch.
There are a lot of snack bars, kiosks and cafes in Market Square in Starobelsk.
Favorite thing: The local 12-page newspaper is called Novopskovshchina ("Novopskov Land").
It has been published since February 2008 in two languages: Russian and Ukrainian.
It's a weekly newspaper.
The editorial office is at 59 Women's Day Street in Novopskov.
Editor's phone number: 8 099 325 40 72;
Fondest memory: visiting the ethnographic museum and the river embankment
Novopskov ship in Nw Zealand
Favorite thing: There was a fishermen's transport ship called NOVOPSKOV.
It was built in 1979 in East Germany and served for twenty-five years before it was sold to China, withdrawn from the register and dismantled.
Its board number was BA-0495, I 0811
It was registered in Port Corsakov, Sakhalin, Russia.
Photo of Port Corsakov, Sakhalin, Russia
Its IMO number was 7907037
Type and designation: fishing industry
Withdrawn: 04/28/04, China
A five-storey apartment house in the main street
Favorite thing: Walking along the main street you can see houses and apartment houses of different periods in history.
There are a couple of five-storey apartment houses in the main street, as well as two-storey and three-storey apartment houses dating back to Khrushchov era.
The majority of houses are private houses including "new V.I.P. projects" that look more like castles.
The main square is around the leisure center and Lenin monument. I thought it should be Lenin Square, but was mistaken.
The main square has a very special name and was called after the 103rd Tank Brigade that liberated Novopskov from Nazi invaders in 1943.
The main square is called The 103rd Tank Brigade Square.
Fondest memory: picturesque countryside;
nice views of the river and the hills;
visiting the local lore museum;
viewing the monuments and memorials.
More Reviews (23)
- See All Memory of the Free Village Area
- See All For Newly-Weds Only!
- See All St.Nickolas Cathedral
- See All Local Cave
hunterV's Related Pages
Novopskov Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Novopskov
- Hotels in Novopskov
- Transportation in Novopskov
- Restaurants in Novopskov
- Shopping in Novopskov
- Warnings and Dangers in Novopskov
- See All...
Explore the World
- Tennessee Hotels
- Ridgewood Hotels
- Wolcottsburg Hotels
- Welkenraedt Hotels
Badges & Stats in Novopskov
- 27 Reviews
- 169 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Novopskov?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Novopskov
Photos in NovopskovSee All Photos (169)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luhansk Intro, 357 reviews, 1924 photos, 14 travelogues
- Rubizhne Intro, 209 reviews, 1163 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 88 reviews, 544 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiev Intro, 100 reviews, 442 photos, 7 travelogues
- Horlivka Intro, 61 reviews, 446 photos, 10 travelogues
- Svyatogorsk Intro, 65 reviews, 405 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krasnodon Intro, 51 reviews, 342 photos, 10 travelogues
- Yelan' Intro, 55 reviews, 307 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stakhanov Intro, 48 reviews, 299 photos, 7 travelogues
- Kirovsk Intro, 63 reviews, 270 photos, 5 travelogues