Roven'ki Off The Beaten Path Tips by hunterV
Roven'ki Off The Beaten Path: 3 reviews and 15 photos
Memorial plaque at the entrance
“In Commemoration of the Fallen Heroes” museum is dedicated to the memory of the fallen heroes of the Young Guards underground organization and the residents of the city who were seized, tortured and massacred by the Nazis.
It is located in the basement of the city hospital.
The hospital itself was used by the Nazis during the occupation in 1942-1943 as the Gestapo HQ (Secret Police HQ).
The museum is open from 8 a.m. till 4 p.m.
It was founded in 1967. They say about three million people have visited this museum since then.
More pictures in the travelogue...
Rovenki woods. Enjoy and keep your country tidy!
If your local friends invite you for a picnic in the open, you might go to the nearest woods, but be careful and courageous: you will see loads and loads of litter left by the careless local “wild tourists” who do not care about keeping their country tidy.
This picture was taken on the city outskirts near Chapayev Street.
Drive along Shevchenko Street past the brewery until you reach the gas station and the Orthodox Cross that you see on the picture here (it will be on your left). Turn left at the turning.
Karl Marx Street pond, Rovenki
There is one pond in Karl Marx Street and another one is at the end of Chekhov Street.
Both are rather polluted by local "wild tourists". I have not seen any tourists on their banks, but it was interesting to observe the lanscape.
I am sorry there does not seem to be any means availavle for turning the ponds into pretty parks for people.
More Reviews (42)
- See All A Stroll in the Woods
- See All Miss Rovenki Show
- See All Useful Phone Numbers
- Nothing Special
- Torch By All Means
- See All Our Stay at the Sanatorium
hunterV's Related Pages
Roven'ki Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Roven'ki
- Hotels in Roven'ki
- Transportation in Roven'ki
- Nightlife in Roven'ki
- Restaurants in Roven'ki
- Shopping in Roven'ki
- Warnings and Dangers in Roven'ki
- See All...
Explore the World
- Alger Plage Hotels
- Neu Isenburg
- West Midlands Hotels
- Horbat Galil Hotels
- Gombong Hotels
- Ladakh Range
- Santa Rosa Off The Beaten Path
- Guatemala Off The Beaten Path
- Hythe Off The Beaten Path
- Dahlonega Off The Beaten Path
- Trapani Off The Beaten Path
- Arlington Off The Beaten Path
- Harare Off The Beaten Path
- Valkenburg Off The Beaten Path
- Melbourne Off The Beaten Path
- Hinton Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in Roven'ki
- 45 Reviews
- 262 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 26 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Roven'ki?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Roven'ki
Photos in Roven'kiSee All Photos (262)
Videos in Roven'kiSee All Videos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luhansk Intro, 357 reviews, 1924 photos, 14 travelogues
- Rubizhne Intro, 230 reviews, 1284 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 88 reviews, 544 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiev Intro, 100 reviews, 442 photos, 7 travelogues
- Horlivka Intro, 61 reviews, 446 photos, 10 travelogues
- Svyatogorsk Intro, 65 reviews, 405 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krasnodon Intro, 51 reviews, 342 photos, 10 travelogues
- Yelan' Intro, 58 reviews, 322 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stakhanov Intro, 48 reviews, 299 photos, 7 travelogues
- Kirovsk Intro, 63 reviews, 270 photos, 5 travelogues