"The Crimean Capital" Simferopol by hunterV
Simferopol Travel Guide: 90 reviews and 168 photos
Simferopol is the capital of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea.
The republic is in the southern part of Ukraine.
The area of the Crimean Republic is 27,000 square kilometers
(10.422 square miles) and its population is over two million inhabitants.
The city is also a large industrial and cultural center of Ukraine.
Simferopol is known for its products of perfumery, light, machine-building and chemical industries.
The city has a lot of educational establishments, among them the Crimean University,
There are a lot of museums and theaters:
- the Fine Arts museum;
- the museum of local lore;
- the Ukrainian Drama Theater
- the Crimean Russian Theater.
There are three city parks, among them the City Park in Lenin Street and Gagarin Park. Lots of memorial plaques remind us of the outstanding people who used to live and work in the city:
Nickolay Pirogov, a famous Russian surgeon,
Alexander Suvorov, the Field Marshal of the Russian Empire
"Ukraine" hotel in Rosa Luxemburg Street and "Yuzhnaya" hotel in downtown Simferopol are the central hotels of the city.
If you stay in the city, you can have a walk from the railway station along Luxemburg Street to downtown Simferopol, Gogol Street, Kirov Avenue and Lenin Street where you will see all the main attractions of Simferopol including monuments, cinemas, theaters, cafes, restaurants and parks. You will enjoy your stroll in the renovated downtown.
There is a trolley bus route and lots of buses and taxis to the southern coast of Crimea departing from the railway station (on the picture). It’s about an hour and a half to drive there. It depends on where you are going. It’s fun to drive along the mountain roads!
You can find more useful information at
Pictures of Simferopol
- Pros:Beauiful landscapes and architecture, lots of paks
- Cons:Too far to get there from here...
- In a nutshell:Gate of Crimea
Visiting the city Concert Hall can be a lot of fun, too... The hall offers its visitors wonderful acoustics and a rich... more travel advice
Visiting the Central Department Store has been a must for us, Ukrainians, for a long time... Now you can see a nice... more travel advice
hunterV's Related Pages
Simferopol Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Simferopol' - the gate to the Crimea"
- "All Roads to the Crimea go through Simferopol"
- "Crimean Capital"
- "SImferopol - the Last Stop - The Starting Point"
- "2500 sunny hours a year"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Simferopol
- Hotels in Simferopol
- Transportation in Simferopol
- Nightlife in Simferopol
- Restaurants in Simferopol
- Shopping in Simferopol
- Warnings and Dangers in Simferopol
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Simferopol
- 7 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 26 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Simferopol?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Simferopol
Photos in SimferopolSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luhansk Intro, 357 reviews, 1924 photos, 14 travelogues
- Rubizhne Intro, 209 reviews, 1163 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 88 reviews, 544 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiev Intro, 100 reviews, 442 photos, 7 travelogues
- Horlivka Intro, 61 reviews, 446 photos, 10 travelogues
- Svyatogorsk Intro, 65 reviews, 405 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krasnodon Intro, 51 reviews, 342 photos, 10 travelogues
- Yelan' Intro, 55 reviews, 307 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stakhanov Intro, 48 reviews, 299 photos, 7 travelogues
- Kirovsk Intro, 63 reviews, 270 photos, 5 travelogues