Sverdlovs'k Local Custom Tips by hunterV
Sverdlovs'k Local Customs: 6 reviews and 20 photos
City conference center, Sverdlovsk, Ukraine
Queen of Autumn and other cultural festivals are often held in the city leisure center called Sverdlov Palace of Culture.
For example, on November 22 Queen of Autumn festival, a beauty contest, was held in the city.
There are other festivals in the city, too.
One of them is called Venichka's Rainbow.
It is Alexander Litvinov's memorial festival that is traditionally held in the second half of August at Yasseny tourist camp on the outskirts of Sverdlovsk.
It is an international music and poetry festival.
Famous spring, Sverdlovsk
You can see this spring in Brykin Street, next to Forest Glade cafe.
This spring attracts lots of people who come here with their plastic bottles to get some drinking water for home to avoid drinking tap water whose quality leaves much to be desired.
City Honor Board of the best workers
It has long been a tradition, and this city is not an exception, to build such Honor Boards in our cities where you can see the pictures of the best workers of the city who were decorated with different orders and medals for their labor.
This Board of Honor is very special for all the pictures were made on the black marble, which is very peculiar, but looks a bit sad.
I think it stresses that the city is famous as a miners city above all.
This Board of Honor is located in Engels Street, the central street of the city.
Eneolitic Stone - the city pride, Sverdlovsk
Snakes of Sverdlovsk
This is how this ancient stone is called.
This stone with carved snakes that was excavated in Sverdlovsk district has become one of the symbols of the city.
The stone dates back to the 3rd millennium B.C.
The stone has been the subject of lots of scientific research.
It is kept at the entrance to the exhibitions of the city museum of local lore as the greatest treasure.
This picture was taken with the kind permission of the museum director.
Conciliation Pavilion, Sverdlovsk, Ukraine
Besides everyone's the favorite holiday New Year's Day there are other big celebrations in the city.
Coalminer's Day is celebrated on the last Sunday of August with a large holiday program and huge fireworks display in the evening.
City Day is observed on the last Sunday of October and is marked with concerts, shows and competitions.
Other Contact: http://www.sverdport.lg.ua/
City skating rink, Sverdlovsk, Ukraine
Every snowy winter there is a skating rink at the city stadium.
It is located to your right after you enter the stadium.
I think it is at the place of the tennis courts and it is a paradise for kids.
You can also rent skates there and there is no entrance fee.
More Reviews (63)
- See All No Mountaineering Please
- See All Hiring a Cab
- See All Soccer Club
- See All Better Than At Home!
- See All Memory of Ivanov
- See All King's Rocks Dioramas
hunterV's Related Pages
Sverdlovs'k Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Sverdlovs'k
- Hotels in Sverdlovs'k
- Transportation in Sverdlovs'k
- Nightlife in Sverdlovs'k
- Restaurants in Sverdlovs'k
- Shopping in Sverdlovs'k
- Warnings and Dangers in Sverdlovs'k
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sverdlovs'k
- 69 Reviews
- 220 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 25 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to Sverdlovs'k?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sverdlovs'k
Photos in Sverdlovs'kSee All Photos (220)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luhansk Intro, 357 reviews, 1924 photos, 14 travelogues
- Rubizhne Intro, 230 reviews, 1284 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 88 reviews, 544 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiev Intro, 100 reviews, 442 photos, 7 travelogues
- Horlivka Intro, 61 reviews, 446 photos, 10 travelogues
- Svyatogorsk Intro, 65 reviews, 405 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krasnodon Intro, 51 reviews, 342 photos, 10 travelogues
- Yelan' Intro, 58 reviews, 322 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stakhanov Intro, 48 reviews, 299 photos, 7 travelogues
- Kirovsk Intro, 63 reviews, 270 photos, 5 travelogues