"Jubilee Settlement" Yubileynoye by hunterV
Yubileynoye Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 77 photos
The name of that town means "Jubilee Settlement" in English.
It was founded in 1956 when the construction of Luhansk coalmine #1 was started.
The coalmine settlement was called Yubileynoye on May 13, 1968 to honor the 50th jubilee of the Soviet power.
Now it's a part of Luhansk and belongs administratively to Artiom District of Luhansk.
The settlement is famous for its coalmine, the only one in the city. It's called "Luhansk Coalmine #1". Its elevator tower and smoke-stack can be seen from a long way away.
The settlement consists of several blocks and has 97 apartment houses and about 200 private houses.
There are some industrical enterprises, a huge market called "Coalminers' Market" located in the center of Yubileynoye.
There are two secondary schools there, two kindergartens, a juridicial lyceum, a famous Militia Academy and City hospital #15.
The settlement is located on a hill to the west of Luhansk and can be reached in about half an hour from its downtown by bus or by car.
The settlement is located 8 km/5 miles from the railway station of Luhansk.
Its population is about 15,000 plus 5,000 students.
The settlement was called Jubilee Settlemenet on May 13, 1960. It was a part of Lutuhine District Luhansk region.
On June 11, 1980 Yubileynoye was included into the territory of Luhansk and the settlement was subjected to Artiom District of Luhansk.
The settlement is known for its huge coalmine called “Luhansk Coalmine #1”. Its construction began in 1966.
In January 1975 it was put into operation and the first coking coal was extracted. The coalmine was designed for extraction of 5,000 tons of coking coal a day.
After the second line was put into operation “Luhansk Coalmine #1” became a giant coalmine extracting 10,000 tons of coking coal a day.
There are other industrial enterprises in the settlement:
Electric Devices Factory,
an experimental equipment factory
and two transport enterprises.
On May 1, 2009 a new park was dedicated in Yubileyne. It is called Jubilee Park.
13 Artiom Street
Tel. +38 0642 34-62-41;
+38 0642 34-62-43
About Yubileynoye (in Russian)
Slideshow of Yubileynoye
- Pros:Lots of stores, cafes, nice countryside
- Cons:A huge coalmine with its smoke and gases is nearby
- In a nutshell:"Workers' Settlement"
I have never found any real dangers here, although I have never stayed overnight here and have never walked along... more travel advice
Why not walk along this street and sit at one of brand new benches. The entire sidewalk is new too. This street looks... more travel advice
hunterV's Related Pages
Yubileynoye Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Yubileynoye
- Hotels in Yubileynoye
- Transportation in Yubileynoye
- Restaurants in Yubileynoye
- Shopping in Yubileynoye
- Warnings and Dangers in Yubileynoye
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Yubileynoye
- 13 Reviews
- 77 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to Yubileynoye?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yubileynoye
Photos in YubileynoyeSee All Photos (77)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luhansk Intro, 357 reviews, 1924 photos, 14 travelogues
- Rubizhne Intro, 230 reviews, 1284 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 88 reviews, 544 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiev Intro, 100 reviews, 442 photos, 7 travelogues
- Horlivka Intro, 61 reviews, 446 photos, 10 travelogues
- Svyatogorsk Intro, 65 reviews, 405 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krasnodon Intro, 51 reviews, 342 photos, 10 travelogues
- Yelan' Intro, 58 reviews, 322 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stakhanov Intro, 48 reviews, 299 photos, 7 travelogues
- Kirovsk Intro, 63 reviews, 270 photos, 5 travelogues