"A City on the Dvina" Vitsyebsk by hunterV
Vitsyebsk Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 5 photos
This is the only city in Byelarus I have visited four times.
I went there on the invitation of my friends from Bitburg whom I had met during my stay in Germany and who came there with a humanitarian convoy for the city Orthodox church and the residents of the city.
It was great to see my friends again and to make new ones.
So I can say I have been to this city several times thanks to my German friends.
I stayed at "Vitsebsk" hotel located on the right bank of the Dvina, a great and beautiful Belarussian river, opposite Jakob Colas Theater.
It was a pleasant experience just to walk along the river embankment and in downtown Vitsebsk.
The city is famous for its Mark Shagal Museum.
Mark Shagal was an outstanding modern painter who created a lot of famous pictures.
We visited the Shagal House in Pokrovskaya Street.
Besides, I managed to see some shows of the famous "Slav Bazaar", a traditional annual music festival of Slav countries where guests from other countries also take part.
hunterV's Related Pages
Vitsyebsk Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Jamie_w's new Vitsyebsk Page"
- "A City on the Dvina"
- "Home Town of Mark Chagall"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vitsyebsk
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 22 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (33)
Have you been to Vitsyebsk?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vitsyebsk
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luhansk Intro, 357 reviews, 1924 photos, 14 travelogues
- Rubizhne Intro, 230 reviews, 1284 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 88 reviews, 544 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiev Intro, 100 reviews, 442 photos, 7 travelogues
- Horlivka Intro, 61 reviews, 446 photos, 10 travelogues
- Svyatogorsk Intro, 65 reviews, 405 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krasnodon Intro, 51 reviews, 342 photos, 10 travelogues
- Yelan' Intro, 58 reviews, 322 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stakhanov Intro, 48 reviews, 299 photos, 7 travelogues
- Kirovsk Intro, 63 reviews, 270 photos, 5 travelogues