"One of the Remote Districts of Weyregg" Alexenau by hunterV
Alexenau Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 3 photos
Alexenau is just a small district of the town of Weyregg. We, a group of kids from Luhansk region, their head teacher and me as an interpreter, stayed in Weyregg for three weeks on the invitation of Global-2000.
This district is, in fact, a separate village and would be considered to be town suburbs in Ukraine.
One day we went hiking through the forest to that part of the town, which turned out to be more than one hour walk.
These beautiful buildings on the picture were the first ones we saw after our long walk through the forest.
This four-star hotel is very impressive indeed. I would even say it looks like a five-star hotel to me.
Can you imagine a four-star hotel located in the suburbs of a small town? Not in Ukraine at least...
The hotel owners were our hosts. They treated the kids with ice-creams and showed us around the hotel.
It was very impressive indeed to see a village hotel that has four stars, all modern conveniences, and receives lots of foreign guests every year.
We took another hike up the hill to the tourists' hut that serves as a lunch and dinner point for tourists.
We were treated to a splendid dinner sponsored by the owner of the hotel.
We took this picture after our dinner.
The dinner with Frau Rosa and Frau Hilda from the town folk group was very rewarding and memorable!
- Pros:Very beautiful countryside, a fine stream, thick forest, hospitable people and a lot to see more
- Cons:Rather long distance to walk from where we stayed - but healthy!
- In a nutshell:More Than Just a Hike
hunterV's Related Pages
Alexenau Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Alexenau
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (122)
Have you been to Alexenau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Alexenau
Photos in AlexenauSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luhansk Intro, 357 reviews, 1924 photos, 14 travelogues
- Syeverodonets'k Intro, 243 reviews, 1502 photos, 32 travelogues
- Rubizhne Intro, 235 reviews, 1309 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 156 reviews, 1004 photos, 27 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiev Intro, 99 reviews, 440 photos, 7 travelogues
- Horlivka Intro, 62 reviews, 451 photos, 10 travelogues
- Svyatogorsk Intro, 65 reviews, 405 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krasnodon Intro, 51 reviews, 342 photos, 10 travelogues
- Yelan' Intro, 58 reviews, 322 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stakhanov Intro, 49 reviews, 304 photos, 7 travelogues