"At the Crossroads" Volyns'ka Oblast' by hunterV
Volyns'ka Oblast' Travel Guide: 54 reviews and 116 photos
The regional center is the splendid city of Lutsk, that I would like to visit some day.
The region's area is over twenty thousand square kilometers.
About one million inhabitants reside in Volyn region now. Thge region has sixteen districts and eleven cities, among them five cities are of regional subordination.
I was lucky to pass this region several times on my from to and from Germany by bus and by train. The landscapes were very nice, but I am sorry I did not see many famous lakes and rivers.
Volyn region is located in the furthermost part of the northwest of Ukraine.
It borders on:
- Brest region of Belarus in the north,
- Rivne region – in the east and southeast,
- Lviv region - in the south
- and Lublin province of Poland in the west.
The region’s landscape is represented by two geographical zones of Ukraine: Polissia (sandy wetlands predominantly covered by mixed and broadleaved forests) and a forest and steppe zone.
Volyn has lots of rivers and lakes. Its rivers belong to the basin of the River Prypiat and partially – to that of the Western Boog.
The region is famous for its rivers and lakes all over Ukraine.
The main rivers are:
the Prypiat, the Styr, the Stohid, the Turia, the Vyzhivka, the tributaries of the Western Bug and others.
There are around 170 lakes, among them:
Lake Svitiaz (the bigest one in Ukraine), Lake Pulemetske, Lake Turske, Lake Lutsemir, Lake Peremut, Lake Orihove, Lake Bile and Lake Lubiaz.
Volyn region lies in the zone of warm and moderately continental climate with sufficient levels of warmth and moisture.
Deposits of gas, peat, sapropel, various building materials, iron and manganese ores, copper, zinc, lead, mercury, precious metals, germanium, alumna raw materials are found in this region.
- Pros:Picturesque and hospitable
- Cons:West-Ukrainian dialect
- In a nutshell:Hospitable Region
hunterV's Related Pages
Volyns'ka Oblast' Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Volyns'ka Oblast'
- Hotels in Volyns'ka Oblast'
- Transportation in Volyns'ka Oblast'
- Nightlife in Volyns'ka Oblast'
- Restaurants in Volyns'ka Oblast'
- Shopping in Volyns'ka Oblast'
- Warnings and Dangers in Volyns'ka Oblast'
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Volyns'ka Oblast'
- 19 Reviews
- 59 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (122)
Have you been to Volyns'ka Oblast'?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Volyns'ka Oblast'
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luhansk Intro, 357 reviews, 1924 photos, 14 travelogues
- Syeverodonets'k Intro, 243 reviews, 1502 photos, 32 travelogues
- Rubizhne Intro, 235 reviews, 1309 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 156 reviews, 1004 photos, 27 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiev Intro, 99 reviews, 440 photos, 7 travelogues
- Horlivka Intro, 62 reviews, 451 photos, 10 travelogues
- Svyatogorsk Intro, 65 reviews, 405 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krasnodon Intro, 51 reviews, 342 photos, 10 travelogues
- Yelan' Intro, 58 reviews, 322 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stakhanov Intro, 49 reviews, 304 photos, 7 travelogues