Baghdad Packing List Tips by hunterV Top 5 Page for this destination
Baghdad What to Pack: 5 reviews and 5 photos
Greetings from Iraq!
Luggage and bags: a normal suitcase
Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: In winter the weather tends to be cold. The temperature may often drop to zero centigrade. You have to have warm clothes then.
To prevent insect/mosquito bites, bring lightweight long-sleeved shirts, long pants, and a hat to wear outside, whenever possible.
Toiletries and Medical Supplies: - Take enough everyday prescription medicines from home to last during your trip.
Mediciens for diarrhea.
- Don't forget iodine tablets and portable water filters to purify water.
- Sunblock and UV sunglasses are necessary too.
- Antibacterial hand wipes or alcohol-based hand sanitizer are a must here.
- I had no flying-insect spray to help clear rooms of mosquitoes, but it would be good to have one.
Photo Equipment: AC 220V
Miscellaneous: in most hotels and restaurants a 10 per cent charge is added to the bill.
At the Coppersmith's Market, Baghdad
Miscellaneous: Iraq's climate varies in accordance with the four seasons.
In December, January and February, it tends to be cold. Temperatures may sometimes drop to below zero centigrade. Then it is cold indeed, especially in the dry area where I used to work for a year. Warm woolen clothes are then necessary. Overcoats or raincoats may in some days be advisable, especially in the river valleys.
In March, April and May the climate is temperate. Light woolen or cotton clothes are worn. A raincoat may sometimes be necessary.
In June, July, August, light cotton clothes are generally worn. The temperature may rise to more than 50 degrees centigrade.
In September, October and November, clothes are worn like those in spring.
More Reviews (67)
- See All Iraqi Friends
- See All Mosquito Bites
- See All National Museum of Modern Art
- See All Abu Nuwas Tourist Complex
- See All Major Tourist Restaurants
- See All By Bus Around Baghdad
hunterV's Related Pages
Baghdad Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Land of Two Rivers"
- "Who's Your Baghdaddy?"
- "Baghdad - Dar El Salam"
- "Baghdad...and its abundant palaces"
- "Don't complain - You could be in Angola"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Baghdad
- Hotels in Baghdad
- Transportation in Baghdad
- Nightlife in Baghdad
- Restaurants in Baghdad
- Shopping in Baghdad
- Warnings and Dangers in Baghdad
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Baghdad
- 69 Reviews
- 188 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 181 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (120)
Have you been to Baghdad?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Baghdad
Photos in BaghdadSee All Photos (188)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luhansk Intro, 357 reviews, 1924 photos, 14 travelogues
- Syeverodonets'k Intro, 239 reviews, 1482 photos, 32 travelogues
- Rubizhne Intro, 235 reviews, 1309 photos, 12 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 156 reviews, 1004 photos, 27 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiev Intro, 99 reviews, 440 photos, 7 travelogues
- Horlivka Intro, 62 reviews, 451 photos, 10 travelogues
- Svyatogorsk Intro, 65 reviews, 405 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krasnodon Intro, 51 reviews, 342 photos, 10 travelogues
- Yelan' Intro, 58 reviews, 322 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stakhanov Intro, 49 reviews, 304 photos, 7 travelogues