"Genuine German City" Braunschweig by hunterV
Braunschweig Travel Guide: 155 reviews and 499 photos
In fact, I did not plan visiting this beautiful old city.
I only heard there was "Braunschweig sausage" on sale in Luhansk and other cities of Ukraine. I don't know why it was called so.
But the name of this city was always associated in my memory with the sausage. :-)
One day we, a group of engineers from a factory in Luhansk and me as an interpreter, made a short stopover in this city.
We were on our way from Timmendorfer Strand located in the north of Germany. Our bus driver insisted that we should avoid traffic jams on the motorways and offered a non-motorway route along the federal roads that are marked red on the road maps.
So we passed this city on our way south when we left for home.
I had a road atlas about me and helped the driver. I was to tell him where to turn and which road to take. I had to be attentive all the time.
When we arrived to Braunschweig, we decided to take a stroll downtown, to go shopping and to enjoy the views of this forever young city.
My fellow travelers expected I would be their guide about the city as if I were a local. I told them I only had been to Germany seven times and I could hardly be their guide about the city.
Thank God we found our way quite well without having to ask passers-by. But I wish I could spend more time in that true German city.
Let's hope I will het chance in the future.
hunterV's Related Pages
Braunschweig Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Braunschweig, my home for now"
- "Opera and cycling in Braunschweig"
- "Of hearts and lions - Braunschweig"
- "Brewery or history?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Braunschweig
- Hotels in Braunschweig
- Transportation in Braunschweig
- Nightlife in Braunschweig
- Restaurants in Braunschweig
- Shopping in Braunschweig
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Braunschweig
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Braunschweig?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Braunschweig
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Luhansk Intro, 357 reviews, 1924 photos, 14 travelogues
- Rubizhne Intro, 209 reviews, 1163 photos, 10 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lviv Intro, 88 reviews, 544 photos, 13 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kiev Intro, 100 reviews, 442 photos, 7 travelogues
- Horlivka Intro, 61 reviews, 446 photos, 10 travelogues
- Svyatogorsk Intro, 65 reviews, 405 photos, 10 travelogues
- Krasnodon Intro, 51 reviews, 342 photos, 10 travelogues
- Yelan' Intro, 55 reviews, 307 photos, 3 travelogues
- Stakhanov Intro, 48 reviews, 299 photos, 7 travelogues
- Kirovsk Intro, 63 reviews, 270 photos, 5 travelogues