"KENAI, AK" Kenai by Venturingnow
Kenai Travel Guide: 103 reviews and 240 photos
I trekked to Kenai after a stay in Denali, which came after Fairbanks, etc, etc, etc! While in Kenai, I did many interesting and memorable things. I visited a local family who fished and hunted the woods and lakes all of there lifes, I learned about the history of the area by people that lived during that time. I fished in the Kenai Peninsula, and took two boat tours while in the area.
Kenai is such a beautiful and majestic place on Earth, it is often hard to put into words. The Kenai peninsula is a great place to visit because it is so close to Anchorage. Just remember that Kenai itself is a series of different towns and villages on the peninsula. If you get the change, head to Homer, my most memorable visit down in southern Alaska.
There is an amazing national park that has about 600,000 acres of property on the southeastern side of the Kenai... more travel advice
Take a boat tour of Homer, and try to get out to Halibut Cove. They normally let you stop to get lunch, and it's a nice... more travel advice
Venturingnow's Related Pages
Kenai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kenai River and King Salmon"
- "The Kenai Peninsula"
- "Kenai the Town and Not the Peninsula"
- "Kenai Peninsula - A Great Place to Visit in Alaska"
- "JUmping Around Kenai!"
- "larsy's new Kenai/Soldotna Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kenai
- Hotels in Kenai
- Transportation in Kenai
- Nightlife in Kenai
- Restaurants in Kenai
- Shopping in Kenai
- Warnings and Dangers in Kenai
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kenai
- 6 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Kenai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kenai
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 37 reviews, 40 photos
- Seattle Intro, 32 reviews, 35 photos
- Prague Intro, 32 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 31 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sydney Intro, 24 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vienna Intro, 23 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Dubrovnik Intro, 23 reviews, 25 photos
- Ljubljana Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos
- Newcastle Intro, 22 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pompeii Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos