""Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained"" Venturingnow's Profile

Travel the World with Venturingnow

<p align="center"><font face="Bimini" size="5">NEW THINGS</font></p> <p align="center"><font face="Bimini" size="4" color="#006699">I have just stopped putting up my travelogues for my most recent trip to Europe, I am not completely done typing my notes up yet, so I've only made it through Spain, Morocco, and Italy at the moment.</font></p> <p align="center"><font face="Bimini" size="5">NEW PAGES</font></p>
<p align="center"><font face="Bimini" size="4" color="#006699">Some of my
newest pages are:</font></p>
<p align="center"><font face="Bimini" size="4" color="#006699">a.)
Rome, Italy</font></p><p align="center"><font face="Bimini" size="4" color="#006699">b.)
Siena, Italy</font></p><p align="center"><font face="Bimini" size="4" color="#006699">c.)
Sydney, Australia</font></p> <p align="center"><font face="Bimini" size="4" color="#006699">d.)
Seattle, Washington</font></p>
<p align="center"><font face="Bimini" size="5">RECENT UPDATES ON MY PAGES</font><font face="Bimini" size="4" color="#006699"><br>
<br> I've recently updated my Vienna, Austria page, my Luxembourg City,
Luxembourg page, my Sydney, Australia page, my Dubrovnik page, Croatia, my Split, Croatia page, as well as my Sylva, North Carolina page.</font></p> <p align="center"><font face="Bimini" size="5">OLDER NEW PAGES </font><font face="Bimini" size="4" color="#006699"><br> <br> Some of the old-new pages that I've created from my last trip are in the
countries of Spain, Italy, Morocco, Croatia, and Slovenia, there are many city pages within each country, just check out my page listing to find them.</font></td>

INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone, my name is Danny and I am originally from Orlando, Florida, home to Mickey Mouse and Disney World. I moved to North Carolina (Sylva) for about a year before returning to Florida. I currently live in Tampa where I attend the University of South Florida. Now, first things first: Please make comments on my pages so that I know who you are, that way, I can come and view your pages and look into your travels, thanks. Sometimes it takes me awhile to do so, but I will.

Early waking(hindering)....Preparation(wasteful)....Coffee shot(unnatural)....Rush hour(annoyance)....Slavery at work(exhausting)....Rush hour(disheartening)....Complain about work(resentment)....Late night news(saddening)....Rest(necessary)....Early waking(hindering)....Preparation(wasteful)....Coffee shot(unnatural)....Rush hour(annoyance)....Slavery at work(exhausting)....Rush hour(disheartening)....Complain about work (resentment)....Late night news (saddening)....Rest(necessary)....
This is my life, and people ask me why I fantasize to travel for months, even years upon end? Thinking about what my life may be after I get out of college is urging me to seriously consider living what others would call a 'nomad-life',traveling and volunteering around the world for years upon end, escaping all of these things I mentioned earlier, possibly searching for something I feel I cannot find here in my home town, home state, or home nation, something I have yet to find yet feel the need ever so strongly. Of course, I am not so irrational as to drop-out of college to pursue this inner-satisfaction I am searching for. I now plan to continue on my world travels until I finish at my university, then join the Peace Corps or other NGO (non-govt.organization) where I can be volunteering in communities around the world with only minor connections to what I wish to escape.

TRAVELING HISTORY and FUTURE

Now, I just wanted to let you know that all of my pages represent my backpacking journeys from around the world. I started backpacking when I was 16, but have been traveling with my parents since I was very young. Not only do I credit them with getting me interested in traveling, I thank them for allowing me to go overseas for months upon end before I was even an adult. Now at 19, I am getting ready for a three-month trip to S.E. Asia in the summer of 2003. I figure that I won't always have the time to take these trips, so I should work and save my hardest to do it now. After seeing S.E. Asia, I will head back to Europe in 2004 and finish off what I have yet to visit, mostly the Scandinavian and Baltic States, as well as Russia and parts of E. Europe. I won't have a lot of time during that trip because of a summer needed in to be spent in college.

I want to convince and encourage the young people around the world to get off their butts, stop getting stupid jobs over the summer, and head overseas and see the world and the people you live in it with. There is no better way to find a way in which you want to live your life, than seeing how everyone else does is. Who knows, maybe you'll love Rome, or Paris, and decide to move and work there, you never know.

HOW I TRAVEL

Before I go, I also wanted to let you to know how I travel. I am a backpacker, and will always be, no matter how old I get, I hope. What being a backpacker means is that you are traveling with only carry-on luggage like a backpack. You live by the seat of your pants, have no true plans, and are on a tight budget. You've got to live out of a tiny pack for months upon end, and boy, it feels great to get home and see how good you really have it! The backpacker community is great and present around the world. As a backpacker, I meet tons of people from every country in the world, whether it's Australia, Great Britain, Canada, Libya, Saudi Arabia, or China, they're all friendly and great to hang out with while on the road. I've found that backpacking also makes you resourceful and more approchable by the locals. It's often easier to meet locals if you are not attached to a large group and being guided by a tour operator. Not that there's anything wrong with tours, they are very efficient and do their jobs well, but it's just not my style. Why would someone travel like this you ask? Well, it's cheap for one. Most backpackers are students, or people that are traveling for an extremely long period of time, sometimes 3, 6, and even 12 months. Staying at the Marriot for a year isn't in many people's budget.

CONCLUSION

Well, hopefully you'll enjoy my pages, thanks for viewing them and taking the time to rate and comment on them, I really appreciate it and it keeps me working on my pages. Thanks for coming by!

• Intro Updated Mar 25, 2003

• b1bob's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Happy birthday!

• barbskie's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2009 at 3:58 AM

hello young man, you are a featured member today! Congratz!

• MelsTreks's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2009 at 12:33 PM

Nice homepage! the back pack would be a little too small for me though, lol, my first was about a 90 galon!

• Oct 21, 2008 at 7:56 PM

Hi, nice page you have here! I'm going to Rome for 5 days in January. I was wondering if you had any suggestions as to what my itinerary should look like.

• WorldMeet2008's Profile Photo
    Jul 25, 2008 at 9:29 AM

Your next trip? Make it really unique! It's not too late to attend WM08 - Jerusalem, Tel Aviv & Dead- Sea on 25- 28th Sept (+Petra 29-30th). We want to double the num of attendees to 100! Click to learn where, when, what, how, how much! Avi [FruitLover].

• traveloturc's Profile Photo
    Mar 11, 2008 at 4:10 PM

Happy birthday to you from Istanbul / Turkiye ..I wish that you realize all your dreams ...good luck

• Bokhari76's Profile Photo
    Mar 11, 2008 at 6:00 AM

Hi Danny. Happy Birthday to you. Wish you many happy returns of the day.

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo
    Mar 10, 2008 at 10:05 PM

Happy Birthday, Danny! Hope you have a fantastic day!

• newyorkerman's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2008 at 1:11 PM

Have a happy birthday (again) wherever you are!!

• marielexoteria's Profile Photo
    Mar 2, 2008 at 4:35 AM

Just passing by. Will check your tips later. Greetings :)

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Venturingnow's Profile Photo

Venturingnow

“Nothing ventured, nothing gained”

Real Name