"Skåne in two days" Skåne by Typ88

Skåne Travel Guide: 1,131 reviews and 2,509 photos

"Business trip" to Skåne

As I work for our company's employee newspaper, I had the opportunity to go on a workshop to Malmö. Thursday evening, we took the TT-Line "Nils Holgersson" ferry from Travemünde, Germany to Trelleborg, Sweden. This took us about 8 to 9 hours. Friday morning and afternoon we took a guided tour through the very South of Sweden (did you know, that southern Sweden stretches from Trelleborg to Stockholm?!). We went to the "Sydpol", the most southern point of Sweden and to Ystad, a small town where a lot of criminal novels by Mankell take place and finally arrived in Malmö. There we spent the rest of the day. Saturday we went back to Germany on the ferry and had our workshop :-)

The Sydpol

The Sydpol - or Southpole - is the most southern part of Sweden. A little fingerpost shows, that it's closer to the German capital Berlin from the Sydpol than to Swedens own capital, Stockholm. This shows the enormous dimensions of the country of Sweden.

The Sydpol

The Sydpol is also a "tourist attraction" - according to our tour guide (thanx, Rosemarie! ;-)) a lot of tour busses stop by the Southpole every year. But the actual traveling time is between May and September, so we did not see any tourists at all. But the Southpolians (that's how I call them ;-)) are prepared for tourists and even built cafes and a little souvenir shop, there.

CONTINUATION IN MY TRAVELOGUE!!! :-)

• Last visit to Skåne: Apr 2005
  • Intro Updated Apr 24, 2005

• Sjalen's Profile Photo
    Apr 4, 2006 at 9:05 AM

I enjoyed your intro! You will recognise it on my Smygehamn page :)

• acemj's Profile Photo
    Aug 15, 2005 at 6:07 PM

Enjoyed the travelogue. Great photos! Happy birthday, Rene!!!

Typ88