"Ashgabat" Top 5 Page for this destination Ashgabat by bdwoot
Ashgabat Travel Guide: 137 reviews and 304 photos
Twenty miles north of the Iranian border lies a small provincial city called Ashgabat in a small backwater nation of Turkmenistan.
- Pros:Like no place else I've ever been
- Cons:Makes you appreciate your good life in the west
One thing that Turkmen love is sour camel's milk. I was at a shashlikh stand and a glass is produced for my enjoyment.... more travel advice
Set of north of town is a bazaar. Just saying the words doesn't really communicate the chaos, the scale, and the pure,... more travel advice
bdwoot's Related Pages
Ashgabat Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The City Of Love"
- "Ashgabat - the city that keeps on changing"
- "Ashgabat, the City of White Marble !"
- "Thalam Ashgabatdan"
- "The Marble City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ashgabat
- Hotels in Ashgabat
- Transportation in Ashgabat
- Nightlife in Ashgabat
- Restaurants in Ashgabat
- Shopping in Ashgabat
- Warnings and Dangers in Ashgabat
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ashgabat
- 10 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Ashgabat?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ashgabat
Top 10 Pages
- Tulum Intro, 12 reviews, 17 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 12 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination La Paz Intro, 9 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ashgabat Intro, 10 reviews, 6 photos
- Paris Intro, 12 reviews, 2 photos
- Fargo Intro, 12 reviews
- Washington D.C. Intro, 9 reviews
- Winnipeg Intro, 8 reviews
- Isla de Fuerteventura Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nantucket Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos