"THE ENJOYMENT OF NATURE" D_major's Profile
As the facts of the case really stand today, there is a perfect, and almost a mystic,coordination between the sights, sounds, smells and tastes of nature and our organsof seeing, hearing, smelling and eating. This coordination between the sights andsounds and smells of the universe and our own perceptive organs is so perfect thatit forms a perfect argument for teleology, so much ridiculed by Voltaire. But we neednot all be teleologists. God might have invited us to this feast, or he might not.The Chinese attitude is that we will join in the feast whether we are invited or not.It simply doesn't make sense not to taste the feast when the food looks so temptingand we have such an appetite. Let the philosophers carry on their metaphysicalresearches and try to find out whether we are among the invited guests, but thesensible man will eat up the food before it gets cold. Hunger always goes with goodcommon sense.Our planet is a very good planet.
In the first place, there is the alternation ofnight and day, and morning and sunset, and a cool evening following upon a hot day,and a silent and clear dawn presaging a busy morning, and there is nothing betterthan that.In the second place, there is the alternation of summer and winter, perfect inthemselves, but made still more perfect by being gradually ushered in by spring andautumn, and there is nothing better than that. In ihe third place, there are the silentand dignified trees, giving us shade in summer and not shutting out the warm sunshinein winter, and there is nothing better than that. In the fourth place, there areflowers blooming and fruits ripening by rotation in the different months, and thereis nothing better than that.
In the fifth place, there are cloudy and misty daysalternating with clear and sunny days, and there is nothing better than that.In the sixth place, there are spring showers and summer thunderstorms and the drycrisp wind of autumn and the snow of winter, and there is nothing better than that.In the seventh place, there are peacocks and parrots and skylarks and canaries singinginimitable songs, and there is nothing better than that. In the eighth place, thereis the zoo, with monkeys, tigers, bears, camels, elephants, rhinoceros, crocodiles,sea lions, cows, horses, dogs, cats, foxes, squirrels, woodchucks and more varietyand ingenuity than we ever thought of, and there is nothing better than that. In theninth place, there are rainbow fish, sword fish, electric eels, whales, minnows, clams,abalones, lobsters, shrimps, turtles and more variety and ingenuity than we everthought of, and there is nothing better than that. In the tenth place, there aremagnificent redwood trees, fire-spouting volcanoes, magnificent caves, majesticpeaks, undulating hills, placid lakes, winding rivers and shady banks, and there isnothing better than that. The menu is practically endless to suit individual tastes,and the only sensible thing to do is to go and partake of the feast and not complainabout the monotony of life.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 42 Reviews
- 72 Photos
- 13 Countries
- 13 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
- D_major and Mahtub are now friends.
- Uploaded a Photo to "THE ENJOYMENT OF NATURE"
updated their Profile Page "THE ENJOYMENT OF NATURE"
- Wrote a Review in Thailand Things to Do
- updated a Nanjing Travel Page "D_major's new Nanjing Page"
- Commented on one of Lalique's Moscow travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Xi'an Intro, 7 reviews, 5 photos
- P'yongyang Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Shanghai Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Thailand Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- New York City Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Beijing Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Asia Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- China Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Paris Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22467 Reviews - 54994 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7926 Photos
- Berlin Hotels
- 6983 Reviews - 15645 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23319 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2027 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5858 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26762 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos