"sphynxxs's new Bialystok Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Bialystok by sphynxxs
Bialystok Travel Guide: 67 reviews and 188 photos
This page will be not only about Bialystok, but rather about the region Podlasie in Northeastern Poland. While not crowded by tourists, it is nonetheless an ideal place for people who love nature. Some of the best known national parks are in this area, like the forests of Bialowieza and the swamps at the rivers Narew and Biebrza, a paradise for birds. Western Europeans are normally astonished about the great number of white storks they spot in this area. But after all, almost one third of the worldwide stork population origins from Poland, and at the rivers and glens of Podlasie they find ideal circumstances.
Podlasie is also a region that gives a feeling of the multiethnic country Poland was before World War II - it is the centre of the Belorussian minority (in Bialystok many political emigrants have settled during the last years, adding to the already strong Belorussian population in the area) and Orthodox churches are sometimes as many as Catholic churches. In towns like Tykocin there are still monuments, cementaries and synagogues as remnants of the lost world of the Jewish shtetls. and East of bialystok there are some villages, where the descendants of Muslim Tatars are living, still keeping their tradition
Imagine a typical Eastern Polish village - wooden hamlets, meadows, woods. Bohoniki has all this, but lacks the... more travel advice
this, once again, does not concern the city of Bialystok, but the region Podlasie. In Grabarka, the Orthodox... more travel advice
sphynxxs' Related Pages
Bialystok Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bialystok - town, based on Duke Gediminas legend"
- "Bialystok poland"
- "sphynxxs's new Bialystok Page"
- "North East by Marcin"
- "My city"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bialystok
- Hotels in Bialystok
- Transportation in Bialystok
- Nightlife in Bialystok
- Restaurants in Bialystok
- Shopping in Bialystok
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bialystok
- 3 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Bialystok?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bialystok
- Posted in Travel Dar es Salaam Forum "Re: Department stores in Dar es..."
- Wrote a Review The road of the Tatars in Bialystok Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "The road of the Tatars"
- created a Bialystok Travel Page "sphynxxs's new Bialystok Page"
- Commented on one of Marcin75's Bialystok travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Kenya Intro, 34 reviews, 71 photos, 2 travelogues
- Poland Intro, 39 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Vietnam Intro, 16 reviews, 67 photos, 2 travelogues
- Warsaw Intro, 22 reviews, 47 photos, 4 travelogues
- United Kingdom Intro, 5 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 21 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Morocco Intro, 12 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tunisia Intro, 15 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Thailand Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nairobi Area Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos