"Amazing Canyons in Canyonlands, USA" Canyonlands National Park by Martin_S.
Canyonlands National Park Travel Guide: 203 reviews and 476 photos
Canyonlands, found in the south/eastern corner of Utah. Here you need 4x4 vehicle or long legs with plenty of power. There are hiking trails but they have no support facilities and most are very long and you need to camp out. You should report your plans to the ranger office. There are also many 4x4 trails.
We rented this small Suzuki 4x4...and I must warn you that if you have any back problems (like I do) the DO NOT use this car, it is murder on your back.
On the positive side it did let Zohara and I get into some of the 4x4 trails in Canyonlands that we would not have been able to see by foot.
An amazing place, from this vantage point it looks like what you would expect from some shots of the moon, not one piece of civilization to be seen in any direction, just you and nature in its "barest" form. I have been told that the desert is "boring" and without color. Take a closer look, you only have to see the hundreds of shades to experience the desert at its best.
- Pros:Beautiful solitude
- Cons:Be aware of desert dangers.
- In a nutshell:Fantastic for 4x4, but be sure to plan properly
The desert is beautiful, but it can also be deadly if you do not plan and take proper precautions. Take a good map, stay... more travel advice
Martin_S.'s Related Pages
Canyonlands National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Land of the Canyons"
- "Kimberlyann's Canyonlands National Park, Utah"
- "Basaic Canyonlands National Park Page"
- "Large Park Spread Over Miles"
- "Canyonlands, Island in the Sky District"
- "The Watermelon Settlement: Canyonlands"
- "Canyonlands - Remote, Tough, and Beautiful"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Canyonlands National Park
- Hotels in Canyonlands National Park
- Transportation in Canyonlands National Park
- Restaurants in Canyonlands National Park
- Shopping in Canyonlands National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Canyonlands National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Canyonlands National Park
- 2 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Canyonlands National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Canyonlands National Park
- Posted in Travel Portugal Forum "Re: 12 nights in Portugal, need..."
- Commented on one of LadyXoc's Canyonlands National Park travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Views around the park"
- Wrote a Review Views around the park in Canyonlands National Park Favorites
- updated a Canyonlands National Park Travel Page "Amazing Canyons in Canyonlands, USA"
Photos in Canyonlands National ParkSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arad Intro, 177 reviews, 323 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 77 reviews, 370 photos, 7 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 76 reviews, 280 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Southern District Intro, 99 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 207 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 52 reviews, 182 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 62 reviews, 139 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jerusalem Intro, 61 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 21 reviews, 151 photos, 9 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 21 reviews, 140 photos, 7 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (178)
Latest Canyonlands National Park hotel reviews
- Squaw Flat Campground
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 24, 2013