"Come HOME to Julie ^O^" Auburn by Martin_S.

Auburn Travel Guide: 61 reviews and 183 photos

So I know that most people visit "places" to see views of nature, old structrues, historical sites, whatever...but then there are places you go just for PEOPLE...and Auburn was one of those. Julie visited us here in Israel and we felt right at home having her with us, she invited us to come visit her in HER home and needless to say she and her sister Jo made sure that WE felt at home... I will have more pictures here to show some of the natural beauty of the area, but for now it suffices just to say thanks to the friends there (hey even if Julie did try to get us lost in Auburn, WRONG turnoff indeed ;o)))).

Julie being the sweet person she is, and knowing how I like seafood, decided to prepare Alaskan King Crab for me....and you can see here in the picture that we were very serious about it.

Now you know you are welcome in a home when they really make you "work" for your dinner. Julie, Jo and Zohara were slaving away in the kitchen getting dinner while I was out on the porch BBQ'ing the steaks...and very GOOD steaks they were too.
First time I have every used a grill that does not require charcoal, was quite fun to experience the difference.

• Pros:Julie and Jo
  • Cons:Not closer to Israel
  • Last visit to Auburn: Aug 2005
  • Intro Updated May 29, 2006

• SteveOSF's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2009 at 9:43 AM

Looks like you enjoyed your visit to the Gold Country.

• i-s-a's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2006 at 11:43 PM

Looks like a wonderful experience that you had at Julie's. Yes, definitely...aside from the sights...go and visit the people.

• karenincalifornia's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2006 at 11:33 AM

I agree - Auburn is definitely a place you go for the people! Also there is a good Mexican restaurant in old town, but it looks like you had even better food at Julie's. Glad we got to meet Julie at Jessica's - thanks to you, Zohara and Tal!

Martin_S.

“Good friends, food, wine and a good place to enjoy them all.”

Badges & Stats in Auburn