"Rainbow Bridge NM, stone cold beautiful" Rainbow Bridge National Monument by Martin_S.
Rainbow Bridge National Monument Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 25 photos
Rainbow Bridge, one of the most beautiful spots we saw at Lake Powell, it used to be accessible by water, but today with the low water levels you must walk for a few minutes to arrive there, and needless to say it is well worth the walk.
You can find out more at:
Yes, this is a desert, but you can arrive at Rainbow Bridge by water also, hire a boat or a guide from one of the many marinas around the Lake Powell area and get a good map, then you are on your way...but if you are the more adventureous type, it can also be reached by foot on a 12 mile path. I spoke with the park ranger there and he advised only doing the hike with a guide as it is not well marked.
- Pros:Beautiful approach and area
- Cons:Flash flood in season
- In a nutshell:Worth the time and effort to reach
You cross Lake Powell, you boat your way through some watery canyons, anchor your boat at the ranger station and walk... more travel advice
Martin_S.'s Related Pages
Rainbow Bridge National Monument Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Rainbow Bridge NM, stone cold beautiful"
- "One of the 7th Natural Wonders."
- "6 june 2003 from page to rainbow bridge"
- "Rainbow Bridge"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rainbow Bridge National Monument
- Transportation in Rainbow Bridge National Monument
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rainbow Bridge National Monument
- 2 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (147)
Have you been to Rainbow Bridge National Monument?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rainbow Bridge National Monument
Photos in Rainbow Bridge National MonumentSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arad Intro, 177 reviews, 323 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 77 reviews, 370 photos, 7 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 76 reviews, 280 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Southern District Intro, 99 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 207 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 52 reviews, 182 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 62 reviews, 139 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jerusalem Intro, 61 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 21 reviews, 151 photos, 9 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 21 reviews, 140 photos, 7 travelogues