"Grand Canyon, Colorado River Rafting" Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park by Martin_S.
Grand Canyon National Park Travel Guide: 623 reviews and 1,621 photos
Well we decided to "treat" ourselves to a special trip for our 25th wedding anniversary, so we went to raft the Colorado River in the Grand Canyon, yes 187 miles for 7 days and 6 nights....we went for the water, the desert, the rafting, the excitement and also found some new friends who just by chance came along to share this joy of nature. You can see the whole group here in the picture.
Here is the "other" raft, we were two, each carrying 9-10 people and two guides on each. Diamond River Adventures was the company we chose to guide us, as it turns out they had a trip that matched our needs exactly, we wanted to be ON the river on July 31st for our anniversary...and we WERE ^O^
Here you can see one of our rafts running a rapids, you saw before the size of the raft, here you can see it almost disappear in the rapid, it was great fun and exciting throughout with never a day or even hours that we did not run a rapid or two or three...some small, some large, but all fun.
- Pros:Peaceful between rapids....
- Cons:???? Does not apply here at all, no cons at all !!!
- In a nutshell:If you can, raft it. !!!
As we head toward Page, Arizona we fly over the entire length of the river that we has just rafted for the last 7 days... more travel advice
Just some fun pics to show that some of us took "advantage" of the souveniour shop. Most likely the best "souveniour" we... more travel advice
Written Jan 19, 2006
Grand Canyon "drifting"
Written Jan 19, 2006
Flora and Fauna in the Grand Canyon
Martin_S.'s Related Pages
Grand Canyon National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Grandest of Canyons"
- "Grand Canyon, Colorado River Rafting"
- "Getting to the Bottom of the Grand Canyon"
- "GRAND CANYON IS A LOT OF THINGSTO A LOT OF PEOPLE"
- "A Walk Through Time"
- "Let's go rafting!!"
- "Grand Means Big and Deep Canyon"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Grand Canyon National Park
- Hotels in Grand Canyon National Park
- Transportation in Grand Canyon National Park
- Nightlife in Grand Canyon National Park
- Restaurants in Grand Canyon National Park
- Shopping in Grand Canyon National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Grand Canyon National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Grand Canyon National Park
- 60 Reviews
- 207 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (147)
Have you been to Grand Canyon National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Grand Canyon National Park
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: What's on your CV?"
- Commented on one of Martin_S.'s Grand Canyon National Park tips
- Wrote a Review From Bar-10 to Page, getting home about Rafting in Grand Canyon National Park Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "From Bar-10 to Page, getting home"
- updated a Grand Canyon National Park Travelogue "Flora and Fauna in the Grand Canyon"
Photos in Grand Canyon National ParkSee All Photos (207)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arad Intro, 177 reviews, 323 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 77 reviews, 370 photos, 7 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 76 reviews, 280 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Southern District Intro, 99 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 207 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 52 reviews, 182 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 62 reviews, 139 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jerusalem Intro, 61 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 21 reviews, 151 photos, 9 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 21 reviews, 140 photos, 7 travelogues