"Grand Canyon, Colorado River Rafting" Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park by Martin_S.

Grand Canyon National Park Travel Guide: 565 reviews and 1,395 photos

Well we decided to "treat" ourselves to a special trip for our 25th wedding anniversary, so we went to raft the Colorado River in the Grand Canyon, yes 187 miles for 7 days and 6 nights....we went for the water, the desert, the rafting, the excitement and also found some new friends who just by chance came along to share this joy of nature. You can see the whole group here in the picture.

Here is the "other" raft, we were two, each carrying 9-10 people and two guides on each. Diamond River Adventures was the company we chose to guide us, as it turns out they had a trip that matched our needs exactly, we wanted to be ON the river on July 31st for our anniversary...and we WERE ^O^

Here you can see one of our rafts running a rapids, you saw before the size of the raft, here you can see it almost disappear in the rapid, it was great fun and exciting throughout with never a day or even hours that we did not run a rapid or two or three...some small, some large, but all fun.

• Pros:Peaceful between rapids....
  • Cons:???? Does not apply here at all, no cons at all !!!
  • In a nutshell:If you can, raft it. !!!
  • Last visit to Grand Canyon National Park: Jul 2005
  • Intro Written Sep 25, 2005

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Aug 17, 2009 at 11:11 PM

Wow, powerful waves here at Horn Creek --- you have been to more places at Grand Canyon gthan myself and I live near it, hehehe...amazing adventures you had! I'm enjoying looking at your pics...Nice shot of collared lizard.Norman :)

• Faiza-Ifrah's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2009 at 4:28 PM

concluded today my excelent adventure with you. very informative tips and cool pictures. awesome. how did someone manage those pictures while in the raft on the rapid. i would have enjoyed walking in those creeks than the raft.

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Jan 14, 2009 at 1:47 AM

What a way to spend your 25th wedding anniversary Martin!! Absolutely fantastic!! Awesome pix & story and a fabulous read!! Cheers, Ann :o)

• joiwatani's Profile Photo
    Dec 8, 2008 at 7:49 AM

This is really nice Martin. You took time to list all these links! Sounds like you had the best of your life at the Grand Canyon!

• goodfish's Profile Photo
    Jun 25, 2008 at 3:27 PM

Shalom, Martin! I've seen the canyon from both rims but never from the bottom. Amazing, amazing pictures and tips - a rafting adventure is now on the wish list, thanks to you! :)

• setikeyvan's Profile Photo
    Mar 27, 2008 at 9:57 AM

Hi Martin! Oooh, I like the photo of your lizard. Very nice! But you're exactly right, it's like they said "Alright...take my photo, but only if you post it on VT!"

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2006 at 11:36 PM

Shalom again Martin :-)) This is so amazing, your description of the rafting and your pictures :-)) Makes me want to get wet immediately :-)) What a nice trip for having both, birthday and wedding anniversary :-))

• allikat's Profile Photo
    Jun 27, 2006 at 8:04 PM

Just fantastic pics Martin - you've captured the immensity and the colour of the place so well. Will be back to see more of the tips soon. I think I would have been squealing a lot of the way!!!

• keeweechic's Profile Photo
    Mar 27, 2006 at 6:43 AM

What a trip.. Canyon Man and a very memorable birthday & anniversary. Fabulous account and awesome photos.. What a ride. I would have been too busy hanging on.

• kris-t's Profile Photo
    Jan 19, 2006 at 9:07 AM

hi Martin! nice pics!

Martin_S.

“Good friends, food, wine and a good place to enjoy them all.”

Badges & Stats in Grand Canyon National Park

Have you been to Grand Canyon National Park?