Southern District Favorite Tips by Martin_S. Top 5 Page for this destination
Southern District Favorites: 13 reviews and 20 photos
Israeli Soldiers, Israel
Favorite thing: One of the things that is great about Israel is the mixture of cultures, with people showing up from all over the world, in my mind it is a great place to raise a child, to teach them that just because a person comes from a different country and culture does not make them a stranger, just a friend you have not met yet. This photo shows my daughter (Now in 2008 is a soldier serving her two year mandatory duty) with two of her friends from her base.
Gulench, Turkish Desert Princess, Israel
Favorite thing: If you are lucky enough you may find a desert princess among the sand and rocks of our very mountainous desert....this picture was taken not too far from Masada...
Oppppps, sorry that is Gulench, our Turkish Princess, so I guess we will have to keep looking for a Desert Princess.
Orlie, Arad, Israel
Favorite thing: We tried some "fancy" things and Orlie liked this one of her so I have included it at her request, so here it is Orlie, hope you like it.
Tal, Orlie and Saphir, Israel
Favorite thing: Meet Tal and her two friends, Orlie and Saphir. They decided to do a "photo shoot" one day and this was one of the photos that we all liked.
Galit, Tal, Nofar and Daniel, Arad, Israel
Fondest memory: Meet Galit, Tal, Nofar and Danielle. Tal is our 13, now 14 year old daughter and these ares some of her friends from class. They decided to get dressed up and go "shopping". To me it looks like they were going boy shopping !!
Tal and Anna, checking paint colors, Arad, Israel
Favorite thing: Meet Tal and her friend Anna....
Anna came to help us paint the house.
Now you know that when you paint you should check to see the color of the paint BEFORE you paint the wall. I did not have a palate to use or anything handy, so I used the closest surface that I could find to "test" the paint.
What do you think?? Color okay ^O^
Tal with Dr. Eli Zalstein, Israel
Favorite thing: Meet Dr. Eli Zalstien. He is Tals heart doctor and has helped us bring Tal to the age she is in good condition. You sometimes speak of people being "good" doctors, well Dr. Eli is not a good doctor, he is a FANTASTIC doctor, one of those people who takes each patient into his heart. Saying thank you to him for the help he has given and support he has lent is not enough. I think it is enough to say that even when Tal had to undergo heart surgery, she felt comfortable with Dr. Zalstien and that says a lot.
David and Inbal, Arad, Israel
Favorite thing: Meet David and Inbal.
David is a new immigrant from the US and we have semi adopted him into our family. He spends most of his free time with us and Tal (our daughter) calls him "brother" and introduces him as her brother.
Inbal is Israeli from a family of Yeminite and Dutch parents.
Inbar, Ludwig and Tsipi, Israel
Inbar, Tal and Rotem, Israel
More Reviews (78)
- See All Mides in the middle
- See All Views in and near the Nizzana Hillocks
- See All Har Karkom, part III
- Bedouin Tent accomodations
Martin_S.'s Related Pages
Southern District Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Go south young man/woman, go south"
- "Road trip thru the Southern District"
- "The southern District - The beautiful desert"
- "Uvda (Ovda) - where my trip started and finished"
- "Life At The Negev Desert"
- "The Desert"
- "The Negev"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Southern District
- Hotels in Southern District
- Transportation in Southern District
- Nightlife in Southern District
- Restaurants in Southern District
- Shopping in Southern District
- Warnings and Dangers in Southern District
- See All...
Explore the World
- Waiheke Island Hotels
- Riggsville Hotels
- Playa del Ingles Hotels
- Cape Coral
- Ormoc City Hotels
Badges & Stats in Southern District
- 475 Reviews
- 1,105 Photos
- 51 Forum posts
- 31 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Southern District?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Southern District
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arad Intro, 177 reviews, 346 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 77 reviews, 370 photos, 7 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 76 reviews, 280 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Southern District Intro, 99 reviews, 255 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 207 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 52 reviews, 188 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 61 reviews, 138 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jerusalem Intro, 61 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 21 reviews, 151 photos, 9 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 21 reviews, 140 photos, 7 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (173)
Top Southern District hotels
- Eilat Hotels
- 386 Reviews - 1125 Photos
- Arad Hotels
- 210 Reviews - 592 Photos
- Beersheba Hotels
- 66 Reviews - 288 Photos
- Tel Be'er Sheva` Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- `En Boqeq Hotels
- 72 Reviews - 212 Photos
- Yeroham Hotels
- 14 Reviews - 98 Photos
- Mizpe Ramon Hotels
- 66 Reviews - 290 Photos
- Masada Hotels
- 144 Reviews - 526 Photos
- Bet Guvrin Hotels
- 30 Reviews - 161 Photos
- Tell et Turmus Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Yotvata Hotels
- 1 Review - 12 Photos
- Urim Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 8 Photos
- Tel Ashdod Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Sede Boqer Hotels
- 15 Reviews - 47 Photos
- Ruhama Hotels
- 4 Reviews - 9 Photos