"Go south young man/woman, go south" Top 5 Page for this destination Southern District by Martin_S.

Southern District Travel Guide: 1,485 reviews and 5,056 photos

If you take a look behind Tal sitting on the Arad Rescue Team jeep, you will see the common landscape of southern Israel.
Found this web-site on about the Dead Sea that you might like.

Your Negev landscapes can vary between sand dunes carved by the winds.

To dry river beds cut by the occassional rainfall. The plants you will find here are very hardy, such as the Tsalaf (Caper) which you will see growing out of any crack in the rock wall.

• Pros:Beautiful desert countryside.
  • Cons:Desert can be dangerous for the unprepared
  • In a nutshell:Try it you'll like it.
  • Last visit to Southern District: Mar 2003
  • Intro Updated Feb 25, 2004

• IngaA's Profile Photo
    Nov 12, 2010 at 6:59 AM

Shalom & thanks, Martin! Now I know, I WANT to go south ! :)

• marvelous_girl's Profile Photo
    Apr 28, 2010 at 4:42 AM

nice detailed tips.

• RhineRoll's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2008 at 5:03 AM

Martin, the diversity of places and people is truly terrific! I will stay around for 10 days next year but even that will be way too short to see it all!

• Dec 21, 2007 at 3:41 AM

Could you tell me about any mountain bike races in israel including the one in Arad Thanks Bob Phillips

• Martman's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2006 at 10:06 PM

Once people hear me sing; not only am I banned from attending their seders again, but they update the story to "the eleven plagues"!!! hee hee

• msforbes's Profile Photo
    May 18, 2005 at 8:52 PM

Beautiful pages, thank you for introducing me to the Southern District, and the people in your life.

• ophiru's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2005 at 4:23 AM

great pictures and tips my friend !

• Aurorae's Profile Photo
    Feb 4, 2005 at 1:14 PM

The more I browse through your pages,the more I'm eager to visit! I loved all the photos of Israeli faces too! Veeeeery nice! And I couldn't recognize you on the wedding photo!!! :) 25 is really something!Are you going to celebrate a silver anniversary?:)

• jamiesno's Profile Photo
    Dec 19, 2004 at 2:37 PM

Martin your pretty spiffy looking in the wedding picture, a young buck!! I enjoyed all the other faces of Israel.

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Oct 10, 2004 at 4:40 AM

Wonderful pages again, Martin :-))) Looks like a great area for mountainbike. And I love the pictures of the bedouin wedding - wonderful traditions to celebrate :-) And so beautiful desert plants :-))

Martin_S.

“Good friends, food, wine and a good place to enjoy them all.”

Badges & Stats in Southern District

• 1,082 Photos

Have you been to Southern District?

Latest Activity in Southern District