"The Julian Alps" Julijske Alpe by Martin_S.
Julijske Alpe Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 24 photos
The Julian Alps which stretch all across the northern part of Slovenia are most prominint in the northwest area in the Mt.Triglav National Park. We stopped at a small restaurant called Psnak near Mojstrana and this is the view from our table.
There are a number of streams and rivers running out of the Julian Alps, some are small like this, but there are others that you can do white water rafting on. This spot was just off the road from Kranska-Gora to Trenta.
There are hundreds of trails to hike in the Julian Alps and some of them have mountaineering huts that you can stay in overnight or even longer if you want. Some of them provide sleeping material and food, others are less well stocked and you need to bring your own.
- Pros:Fantastically beautiful area.
- Cons:All uphill ^O^
- In a nutshell:Plan on spending a week minimun to start
The Julian Alps and most especially the Mt. Triglav park are covered with hiking trails that lead to fantasitc views and... more travel advice
Here we are at Psnak with the Julian Alps for a background and a hayrack to keep un in line ^O^ Meeting Marko and... more travel advice
Martin_S.'s Related Pages
Julijske Alpe Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Julijske Alpe
- 9 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (153)
Have you been to Julijske Alpe?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Julijske Alpe
Photos in Julijske AlpeSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arad Intro, 177 reviews, 323 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 77 reviews, 370 photos, 7 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 76 reviews, 280 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Southern District Intro, 99 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 207 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 52 reviews, 182 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 62 reviews, 139 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerusalem Intro, 61 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 21 reviews, 151 photos, 9 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 21 reviews, 140 photos, 7 travelogues