"Martin_S.'s Dominica" Dominica by Martin_S.

Dominica Travel Guide: 293 reviews and 845 photos

Dominica is the undiscovered corner of beauty in the Caribbean islands we traveled to. We "discovered" so many small spots of untamed wild areas that you would think you were in the middle of the south american jungle instead of on a small island, then there was the seashore, black volcanic rock with the green sea on one side of the island and the blue sea on the other. The people were great, helpful, as curious about us as we were about them and willing to talk to you as a person and not an outsider.
This is a small map of Dominica, almost as small as the country which you can travel around in only 2-3 hours, maybe a little more if you stop to wave and honk at everyone, or let a lizard cross the road...
Try the web site:

Visit the Pagua River and relax.

This is a pic out of my plane window as we are coming into land at the Marigot International Airport.
I believe the wing was only 50 or so meters above the treetops.

• Pros:Beautiful in all aspects
  • Cons:Scary landing at the airport
  • In a nutshell:Go there.
  • Last visit to Dominica: Mar 2002
  • Intro Updated Mar 12, 2003

• riorich55's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2011 at 6:00 AM

Martin, Just sent you an email about visiting Dominica. I will now check out your pages and tips.

• Weny's Profile Photo
    Apr 25, 2005 at 5:57 PM

I hope you make more or some REAL trips someday.

• bilgeez's Profile Photo
    Mar 17, 2005 at 12:02 PM

Finally! A decent page on Dominica! I've been wanting to go there for several years and want to find out more, your pages are a godsend, Martin! Thanks! Shalom! Bill

• Xemx's Profile Photo
    Jan 28, 2005 at 3:13 PM

Hi Martin, I hope you're enjoying your weekend! Just stopped by to check out your Dominica page. The coastline & the Twin Falls look very beautiful. I can see why you enjoyed it so much...it gives you the feeling of serenity. Anne

• mazzap's Profile Photo
    Jan 27, 2005 at 3:29 PM

Martin, thanks for the info which will be useful for my trip to the Caribbean in March - we stop at Dominica for a day. The Twin Falls trek looks great fun and Tal is looking even more lovely these days! Marion x.

• travelgirl3's Profile Photo
    Sep 28, 2004 at 5:49 AM

Thanks for sharing your wonderful Dominica experience! Sounds fabulous!

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2004 at 5:34 AM

Great page! Will put it on my long list of places "to go"

• Goldenboy's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2004 at 12:05 PM

Bet you will spend longer time to drive in some busy road hehehe hooonk!

• o00o's Profile Photo
    Jul 11, 2004 at 12:50 AM

Sound like you had a great trip there..

• kazander's Profile Photo
    Mar 15, 2004 at 1:07 PM

LOOKS BEAUTIFUL HERE!

Martin_S.

“Good friends, food, wine and a good place to enjoy them all.”

Badges & Stats in Dominica

Have you been to Dominica?

Latest Activity in Dominica