"Hattem, windmills, chocolate and art, all there" Hattem by Martin_S.
Hattem Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 120 photos
When you arrive at Hattem you will enter through the Dijkpoort (literally "portal to the dyke"). It is a very nice area surrounded by private gardens and enters into the old sections of the city.
Take a walk downtown to the BonBon Atelier, these chocolate fantasies are designed, molded and poured by the chocolate master Adri Ras.
The real reason we choose Hattem is because of Eba and Hans, they are members of SERVAS, an international hosting organization that we belong to and they were kind enough to invite us to stay with them for two days. They introduced us into the behind the lines life of their town in a way that no tourist or traveler could experience. We have them to thank for a very special experience in Hattem.
- Pros:Windmill, walls, chocolate and art all there
- Cons:Empty streets, where are the people ?
- In a nutshell:Don't miss the Anton Pieck Museum
I think that one of the things that impressed us most about Holland was the efforts toward preservation of the old... more travel advice
We found this scene near the Dijkpoort, the southern entrance to Hattem. Apparently this gardener wears out a lot of... more travel advice
Martin_S.'s Related Pages
Hattem Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hattem, windmills, chocolate and art, all there"
- "Hattem, smallest of the IJssel Hanze towns"
- "Hattem - Town of Anton Pieck"
- "Hattem Page"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hattem
- 11 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (146)
Have you been to Hattem?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hattem
Photos in HattemSee All Photos (30)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arad Intro, 177 reviews, 323 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 77 reviews, 370 photos, 7 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 76 reviews, 280 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Southern District Intro, 99 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 207 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 52 reviews, 182 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 62 reviews, 139 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jerusalem Intro, 61 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 21 reviews, 151 photos, 9 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 21 reviews, 140 photos, 7 travelogues