"Kinderdijk, history in motion" Kinderdijk by Martin_S.
Kinderdijk Travel Guide: 97 reviews and 316 photos
Here in the southwest of Holland is the most intensive concentration of preserved windmills. There are someting like 20 here and one is open for visiting. You can see the promenade along the water way which is also perfect for disabled access.
This working windmill with the operators home just off to the side is still working today and the house is occupied, I caught a glimpse of the people working there.
The history sign gives a short explanation of how it all got started and how it works.
- Pros:Beautifully preserved
- Cons:Access restricted to only a few of the windmills
- In a nutshell:Worth a visit anytime
This was the first windmill we found that was open to the public on a regular basis. We paid our entrance price and... more travel advice
Martin_S.'s Related Pages
Kinderdijk Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "KINDERDIJK - WORLD HERITAGE SITE"
- "Off the beaten path in Kinderdijk"
- "A nightmare for Alonso Quijano"
- "Kinderdijk, windmills in multiple choice"
- "KINDERKIJK WINDMILL BOAT TOUR"
- "The Kinderdijk"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kinderdijk
- Hotels in Kinderdijk
- Transportation in Kinderdijk
- Restaurants in Kinderdijk
- Shopping in Kinderdijk
- Warnings and Dangers in Kinderdijk
- See All...
Explore the World
- Province of Bulacan
- Santa Ana Hotels
- Zaanse Schans
- Allentown Hotels
- São Francisco do Sul
- Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut Hotels
- Crete Island
- Ormos Athinios Hotels
- Sverdlovskaya Oblast'
- Caleruega Hotels
- Castelfranco Veneto
- Rodos (City) Hotels
- Mestna Obcina Koper
Badges & Stats in Kinderdijk
- 2 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Kinderdijk?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kinderdijk
Photos in KinderdijkSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arad Intro, 177 reviews, 346 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 77 reviews, 370 photos, 7 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 76 reviews, 280 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Southern District Intro, 99 reviews, 255 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 207 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 52 reviews, 188 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 61 reviews, 138 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jerusalem Intro, 61 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 21 reviews, 151 photos, 9 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 21 reviews, 140 photos, 7 travelogues