"SERVAS home away from home" Someren by Martin_S.
Someren Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 14 photos
Harry and Cillia are members of SERVAS an international "open door" hospitality group. To become a member you apply and are checked out or can be recommended by a member. If all is okay you open your doors to visitors to your country for a night or two, entertain them for an evening and just let them experience what a HOME is like in whatever country you are visiting. Or you could be what is called a "day host" also, this would be for someone who does not have the ability to have a guest in their home, for instance a person who lives in a one room studio might be in this category. In this case you "day host" a person, meet them for coffee or a meal and maybe take them to see a local attraction, or even a place that may NOT be known to visitors. Harry and Cillia along with their two sons Kayro and Davy made us very welcome in their home and town.
Of course the boys helped entertain their guests also...we could tell they were very curious, but here we had a communication problem, regretfully Zohara and I speak no Dutch and the boys spoke no English or Hebrew...but we still managed to make each other smile....
Cillia took her SERVAS duties as host to the extreme, she even took us shopping at the local supermarket.
- Pros:Fantastic SERVAS family.
- Cons:None that we learned of.
- In a nutshell:Go for the SERVAS, stay for the SERVAS
It may sound funny, but it is true, a true Dutchman has in place of legs, WHEELS...you see people on bikes... more travel advice
Martin_S.'s Related Pages
Someren Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "SERVAS home away from home"
- "on a sunny eastermonday at Someren"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Someren
- 3 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (150)
Have you been to Someren?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Someren
Photos in SomerenSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arad Intro, 177 reviews, 323 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 77 reviews, 370 photos, 7 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 76 reviews, 280 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Southern District Intro, 99 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 207 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 52 reviews, 182 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 62 reviews, 139 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jerusalem Intro, 61 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 21 reviews, 151 photos, 9 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 21 reviews, 140 photos, 7 travelogues