"Cres, the Island" Cres by Martin_S.
Cres Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 46 photos
The island of Cres is full of many small harbors as you can see in the picture one of the larger coves where the are. The southern most town on the island is Mali Losijn.
Access to and from the island is with ferries, no roads or bridges access this island. So you should make sure of the schedules before you undertake visiting the island or you might find yourself spending the night if you miss the last ferry.
This is the ferry landing from Cres to Optija.
This is the harbor where the ferry between Cres and Krk the adjoining island lands. The island of Krk does have a very new bridge connecting it to the mainland so it is easy to drive down to Krk ferry landing and access Cres from there.
- Pros:Dolphin reserve on southern tip
- Cons:difficult to access with only ferries
- In a nutshell:Worth the trip if you have the time.
The island of Cres is full of small coves, inlets and hidden anchorages. This one is just outside the town of Mali... more travel advice
The island of Cres is indented with coves, some large, like this one, open and wide and some small and well hidden. more travel advice
Martin_S.'s Related Pages
Cres Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "remembered by wind"
- "Cres, the Island"
- "The islands of Cres & Losinj"
- "only few days bu motorbike!"
- "# coming soon - enjoy the view #"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cres
- 4 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (146)
Have you been to Cres?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cres
Photos in CresSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arad Intro, 177 reviews, 323 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 77 reviews, 370 photos, 7 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 76 reviews, 280 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Southern District Intro, 99 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 207 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 52 reviews, 182 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 62 reviews, 139 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jerusalem Intro, 61 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 21 reviews, 151 photos, 9 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 21 reviews, 140 photos, 7 travelogues