"Varazdin, city of the north" Top 5 Page for this destination Varazdin by Martin_S.

Varazdin Travel Guide: 126 reviews and 378 photos

Our friend Zdenka, beautiful host that she is, took us to Varazdin, telling us that we should go to see one of the best towns in the northern region of Croatia. So here we are in the town center, standing before the city hall where she told us only a few months before a friend of hers had been married.

Actually we were walking around looking for a battery for Boris's camera and we came upon this tiny "hidden" garden in a back yard of a camera shop. Just a small piece of green within the city limits, but it illustrates mans desire to make his surroundings more beautiful.

Of course we found some fragrent flowers just by the smell. As we were walking by an alley, I said "wait a minute" and ducked into the alley, this shrub I found covering an entire wall and the fragrance had gone a long way to reach the street.

• Last visit to Varazdin: Jul 2003
  • Intro Written Nov 5, 2003

• Karolina01's Profile Photo
    Jul 28, 2004 at 10:37 PM

Varazdin is lepi grad also Martine. Did you learn some serbo-croatian or slovenian language?

• pedersdottir's Profile Photo
    Feb 29, 2004 at 8:45 AM

The Varazdin flower looks to be Trumpet Vine (campsis radicans)- -just lovely in full bloom! And the Latin inscription would be: We devote our work(labors) to God.

• diocletianvs's Profile Photo
    Feb 13, 2004 at 6:21 AM

So, your Varazdin passport wasn't valid on Slovenian border? Strange. Funny story, great writing. (In Split it's enough to touch Grgur's toe, but I guess customs differ from place to place :)

• lorgnierl's Profile Photo
    Jan 27, 2004 at 5:47 AM

so nice city, and so good guides !

• Nykaenen's Profile Photo
    Dec 16, 2003 at 3:55 AM

What a superb "Boris story"! I meant to write one myself, but now that you've done it so nicely... less work for me ,-)) I guess I'll have to do the parking one, huh...

• ncfg's Profile Photo
    Dec 11, 2003 at 2:02 PM

I will ask Zdenka if you are doing that or not :))) Btw, i will not tell Boris about this, it is a secret isn't it? Nice page Martin.

Martin_S.

“Good friends, food, wine and a good place to enjoy them all.”

Badges & Stats in Varazdin

Have you been to Varazdin?