Dinant Things to Do Tips by Martin_S.
Dinant Things to Do: 91 reviews and 158 photos
There is a small cave system here in Dinant that for teh price of 5.5 Euro you can spend an hour exploring with the guide. The guide (Robert I believe his name was) will gladly explain in about 10 languages and we were surprised to know that he knew many technical terms and the flora and fauna in HEBREW... While not as impressive as some other cave systems in Belgium (like Han for example), it was a fun visit. Sorry have no pictures, for some reason, photographer error I think, no pictures came out well.
Dinant Citadel and Notre Dam Church, Belgium
The Dinant Citadel along with the Notre Dame Church dominate the view in Dinant, both along the waterfront and hills. Sorry to say that we did not have the time to take a visit to the top of the citadel ramparts as I am sure the view from its prominent site is worth the time (which we were short of this trip). At the time I wrote this, the entrance fee was 6.5 Euro and included the cable car to get up the cliff.
"Musical" statue, downtown Dinant, Belgium
Okay, this one has me stumped.
It looks like a representaion of the cliffs overhanging the town with various pieces of musicians and instruments buried within. Maybe it represents a local musical festival that took place and the cliff collapsed on them.... or that their music comes out of the and is born from the earth....any ideas??
Road through cleft in cliff, Dinant, Belgium
While Dinant is a very small village-town, there is still quite a bit of interest to see aside from the massive Dinant Citadel and Notre Dame church. The town is built along the riverfront on both sides of the river and because of the cliffs being near to the river there is not much room to build, so you can see the extreme measures the people had to take to make a road that runs through a cleft in the cliff. In another picture you can see just how close the homes aer built against the cliff side, would not want to live in that house if the cliff decides to come down. Also the modern bridge that make its way OVER the river is high on pillars.
More Reviews (3)
Martin_S.'s Related Pages
Dinant Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "In the neighbourhood of the born place of the Saxo"
- "Dinant, river Meuse-town with an amazing setting"
- "Dinant: a wonderful Belgian gem"
- "DINANT - SAX AND THE CITY"
- "Beautiful city on La Meuse"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dinant
- Hotels in Dinant
- Transportation in Dinant
- Restaurants in Dinant
- Shopping in Dinant
- Warnings and Dangers in Dinant
- See All...
Explore the World
- Pulau Sembilang Hotels
- Hoorn Hotels
- New Mexico Hotels
- Puerto Pirámides
- Wyler Hotels
- Round Rock
Badges & Stats in Dinant
- 7 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Dinant?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dinant
Photos in DinantSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arad Intro, 177 reviews, 346 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 77 reviews, 370 photos, 7 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 76 reviews, 280 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Southern District Intro, 99 reviews, 255 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 207 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 52 reviews, 188 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 61 reviews, 138 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jerusalem Intro, 61 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 21 reviews, 151 photos, 9 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 21 reviews, 140 photos, 7 travelogues