"Kortrijk with our guides Patrick and Lea" Top 5 Page for this destination Kortrijk by Martin_S.

Kortrijk Travel Guide: 101 reviews and 692 photos

Our guide Lea leading Zohara and us into a dark, narrow and deep alley in Kortrijk.....will we ever return or come out the other side?? See more....
Yes, we did come out and enjoy Kortrijk.

One of two towers are all that remain of the cities fortifications. Built sometime in the 12th or 13th century.

Here you can see two of the murals in the "Chapel of the Counts", with mural paintings of the "Forestiers" (I have as yet to discover what this word means) and the Counts of Flanders. It is a part of the Church of Our Lady Of Kortrijk which was built in the 13th century.

• Last visit to Kortrijk: Apr 2006
  • Intro Updated Nov 23, 2006

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Oct 8, 2011 at 1:39 PM

I spent a night in Kortrijk in August :-) I was looking for a place to break my Paris - Breda journey and remembered that many VTers have visited this town before. I was happy with my choice!

• Patje's Profile Photo
    Nov 5, 2010 at 8:35 AM

"could not decipher the script and I tried several different spellings on the internet with no success." ANTTIQUISSIMA OPPIDI-CORTRACENI SUPERSTETI "As the oldest of the city of Kortrijk am I maintained"

• bonio's Profile Photo
    Aug 31, 2008 at 11:14 AM

Helpful tips and good photos, thankyou, looking forward to a trappist beer as well!

• i-s-a's Profile Photo
    Nov 23, 2006 at 10:07 PM

the medieval towers look very beautiful. thanks for sharing.

Martin_S.

“Good friends, food, wine and a good place to enjoy them all.”

Badges & Stats in Kortrijk

Have you been to Kortrijk?

Latest Activity in Kortrijk