"VT meet in Steyr" Top 5 Page for this destination Steyr by Martin_S.
Steyr Travel Guide: 167 reviews and 397 photos
We met Michael (globtrott) in his hometown of Steyr. Thanks to him we were able to see quite a lot in the few hours we had available. Not to mention being with a person who knows his town from belfry to wine cellar. This is one fo the buidlings in downtown Steyr on the main street Stadtplatz. At this point the street is only a few meters across and more useful for foot traffic.
This is one of the back streets where Michael took us, it was wonderful walking here, it was empty of people and you can see that it is too narrow for cars. The building on the left seemed to grow out of the bedrock it was built on.
Or visit the Garsten Monastery, a small part of which you can see here. The artwork is amazing. But this cathedral also has a secret, but I will save that for later.
- Pros:Great if you have Michael as a guide
- Cons:Too much to see in a short time
- In a nutshell:Need to return to see it properly
Michael (globetrott) kindly sent me this picture so I could illustrate an interesting point about his city of Steyr.... more travel advice
This is a restored water wheel for producing power and was used in the iron mill. Today the wheel is enclosed in a... more travel advice
Martin_S.'s Related Pages
Steyr Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "my hometown for 20 years"
- "Seamandrew's Steyr Page"
- "a planned detour I would have never missed..."
- "VT meet in Steyr"
- "HISTORICAL STEYR"
- "Over 1000 years of history."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Steyr
- Hotels in Steyr
- Transportation in Steyr
- Restaurants in Steyr
- Shopping in Steyr
- Warnings and Dangers in Steyr
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Steyr
- 17 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (150)
Have you been to Steyr?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Steyr
Photos in SteyrSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arad Intro, 177 reviews, 323 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 77 reviews, 370 photos, 7 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 76 reviews, 280 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Southern District Intro, 99 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 207 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 52 reviews, 182 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 62 reviews, 139 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jerusalem Intro, 61 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 21 reviews, 151 photos, 9 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 21 reviews, 140 photos, 7 travelogues