"Alcobaca, UNESCO World Heritage" Alcobaça by Martin_S.
Alcobaça Travel Guide: 123 reviews and 439 photos
If you have followed my pages on Portugal you will have seen that there are MANY World Heritge Sites and Alcobaca is yet another. There have been UNESCO choices that we have visited and gone away puzzled as to why it was chosen, but here at Alcobaca there was NO questions.
Here are a few internet sites that can give you more detailed information on the construct and history for those of you who are interested.
We also found that the entire access street from the parking area was covered with literally hundreds of second hand vendors. You could find everything from plastic dolls made in Taiwan, to genuine antique lamps, to 33rpm records and even tools.
- Pros:Another UNESCO site you should not miss
- Cons:Was told that in summer both hot and crowded
- In a nutshell:Famous monastaries are always a good bet
Have always been impressed by two features that are outstanding in many religious structures, first of all the totally... more travel advice
It is named after the reigning king of the time, the King Dom Dinis, the first Portuguese king who could read, an... more travel advice
Martin_S.'s Related Pages
Alcobaça Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Alcobaca and the West"
- "Alcobaça - known for its Monastery & more !!"
- "Alcobaca - UNESCO site"
- "Alcobaça's Gem"
- "Alcobaca, UNESCO World Heritage"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Alcobaça
- Hotels in Alcobaça
- Transportation in Alcobaça
- Nightlife in Alcobaça
- Restaurants in Alcobaça
- Shopping in Alcobaça
- Warnings and Dangers in Alcobaça
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Alcobaça
- 6 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (40)
Have you been to Alcobaça?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Alcobaça
Photos in AlcobaçaSee All Photos (34)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arad Intro, 177 reviews, 346 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 77 reviews, 370 photos, 7 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 76 reviews, 280 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Southern District Intro, 99 reviews, 255 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 207 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 52 reviews, 188 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 61 reviews, 138 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jerusalem Intro, 61 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 21 reviews, 151 photos, 9 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 21 reviews, 140 photos, 7 travelogues