Batalha Favorite Tips by Martin_S.
Batalha Favorites: 28 reviews and 61 photos
Details of Batalha, Portugal
Favorite thing: I have spoken to many friends about visiting tourist sites and taking photos. Most often when we ask one another "Did you see.....?", you find that there were details that missed your eye. This is a direct result of the sensory overload that some of the OVERLY detailed places provide, you just cannot take it all in at one visit.
These photos are a few of the details that we DID see.
Upwards in Batalha, Portugal
Favorite thing: The architecture of religious structures is meant to awe and overwhelm and here Batalha does a good job of that also. A friend of mine, who also happens to be a christian priest, once told me the reason when I asked him "why does it need to be so BIG?". His answer was that making the churches so high would draw your view upwards toward heaven....well sounds like a logical answer.
Windows of Batalha, Portugal
Favorite thing: One of the things that attract me as a tourist and photographer to many religious structures is the detail and beauty of the windows, stained glass or not. Batalha was no different, not only the major stained glass window, which is from the 1500's, but also the frames and added details surrounding the windows.
Batalha Monastary, Portugal
Favorite thing: Batalha was a surprise for us, we really, for some reason, loved this monastary. And this after we had seen dozens here in Portugal.
I have attached a few internet sites that we used for information/history and they also have some professional photos much better than mine.
Fondest memory: http://www.sacred-destinations.com/portugal/batalha-monastery
Martin_S.'s Related Pages
Batalha Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Batalha, Portugal"
- "Batalha - UNESCO site"
- "VT TOUR TO BATALHA"
- "Batalha - [The "Batlle"]"
- "The Monastery"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Batalha
- Hotels in Batalha
- Transportation in Batalha
- Restaurants in Batalha
- Shopping in Batalha
- Warnings and Dangers in Batalha
- See All...
Explore the World
- Atlanta Hotels
- United States of America
- Brunei Hotels
- Barcelona Hotels
- Male Island
- Kuala Lumpur
- Nagarkot Hotels
- Ayia Napa Hotels
- Darwin Hotels
- Dagshai Hotels
- Barceloneta Hotels
- Montecatini Terme
- Eureka Springs Hotels
Badges & Stats in Batalha
- 4 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Batalha?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Batalha
Photos in BatalhaSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arad Intro, 177 reviews, 323 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 77 reviews, 370 photos, 7 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 76 reviews, 280 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Southern District Intro, 99 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 207 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 52 reviews, 182 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 62 reviews, 139 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jerusalem Intro, 61 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 21 reviews, 151 photos, 9 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 21 reviews, 140 photos, 7 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (178)
Latest Batalha hotel reviews
- Hotel Mestre Afonso Domingues
- 38 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 24, 2013