"Nature and architecture meet" Top 5 Page for this destination Monsanto by Martin_S.
Monsanto Travel Guide: 65 reviews and 142 photos
Monsanto, sounds like a combination of mountain and sanctuary, and maybe that is what it was in days gone past...a blend of the mountain it is built on and OF and the heights of the mountain could provide sactuary in times of strife.
The phone number of the Touurist Office is:
Open from 10:00-13:00 and 14:00-18:00
Whatever the case may be, we found this small village to be fascinating and plan to visit again for a longer period of time. It has such an "ancient" feel about it, it sort of oozes out at you, like a fresh water spring from a rock.
Take your time to climb all the way to this last lookout, park, restarea at the top of the village...it is just before the pathway forks to the castle on the summit.
- Pros:Wonderful blend of architure mimicing nature
- Cons:STEEP, VERY steep and hot in summer
- In a nutshell:Would not miss this place for anything.
A high point, just about anywhere in Monsanto, will give you views "down" into the village, its streets, its rooftops,... more travel advice
The winding paths (streets) of Monsanto are winding for a reason...as you pass by, and UNDER some of the enormous house... more travel advice
Martin_S.'s Related Pages
Monsanto Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Portugal's 'Most Portugese' Village ?"
- "Monsanto - a beautiful village in Portugal"
- "Nature and architecture meet"
- "Monsanto - Portugal"
- "Monsanto Historical Village"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Monsanto
- Hotels in Monsanto
- Transportation in Monsanto
- Restaurants in Monsanto
- Warnings and Dangers in Monsanto
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Monsanto
- 10 Reviews
- 52 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (150)
Have you been to Monsanto?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Monsanto
Photos in MonsantoSee All Photos (52)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arad Intro, 177 reviews, 323 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 77 reviews, 370 photos, 7 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 76 reviews, 280 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Southern District Intro, 99 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 207 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 52 reviews, 182 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 62 reviews, 139 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jerusalem Intro, 61 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 21 reviews, 151 photos, 9 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 21 reviews, 140 photos, 7 travelogues