"The "problem" with Porto...too much to see and do" Porto by Martin_S.
Porto Travel Guide: 1,035 reviews and 2,720 photos
Porto, on the upper coast of Portugal is one of those cities that just has too much to do and see, no, that is not a complaint, just a statement of fact. We spent three days and still will have to return to finish seeing what we missed. We spent only a short time in the Ribeira district, a UNESCO site, pictured here.
Or spend time wandering the Se (cathedral) of Porto...
Or make a trek to the other side of the river to Villa Nova de Gaia and its many manufacturers of the famous Port Wine as you can see we did to the Croft facility.
- Pros:Lots and LOTS to do and see here
- Cons:Lots and LOTS of HILLS here
- In a nutshell:Walk down and take the metro UP
While we did not actually take the train, it IS worth visiting the central train station in Porto, just down the street... more travel advice
Porto also has several of the old trams running, we took the one from the Riberia district going along the... more travel advice
Martin_S.'s Related Pages
Porto Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Spring and Port Wine!"
- "A Fine Port"
- "a colorful city on the river"
- "The Fairy Tale City in Portugal"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Porto
- Hotels in Porto
- Transportation in Porto
- Nightlife in Porto
- Restaurants in Porto
- Shopping in Porto
- Warnings and Dangers in Porto
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Porto
- 22 Reviews
- 132 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (41)
Have you been to Porto?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Porto
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Delta Cancels All Israel..."
- Wrote a Review Sao Bento train station, heart of Porto about By train in Porto Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "Sao Bento train station, heart of Porto"
- created a Porto Travelogue "Birds Eye view from a cable car"
- Commented on one of claudiapires's Porto travel pages
Photos in PortoSee All Photos (132)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arad Intro, 177 reviews, 323 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 77 reviews, 370 photos, 7 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 76 reviews, 280 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Southern District Intro, 99 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 207 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 52 reviews, 182 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 62 reviews, 139 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jerusalem Intro, 61 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 21 reviews, 151 photos, 9 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 21 reviews, 140 photos, 7 travelogues