"Seaside Sesimbra" Sesimbra by Martin_S.
Sesimbra Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 120 photos
Our friend Antonio took us for a short trip from Lisbon/Cascais down south past "the" river to Sesimbra. This used to be a small peaceful fishing village where you could enjoy the sea and have a good lunch from what was brought in by the fishermen. Today it is turning into a tourist/beach town. But on the day we visited, the ocean was still too cold (in May) for enjoyable swimming and the beach was almost empty.
The small town is perched on the sides of the mountain leading down to the sea and all the streets seem to go UP...
Some of the older architecture is quite nice with the facades decorated with tiles.
- Pros:Beautiful and quiet beach when we visited
- Cons:Atlantic Ocean is too cold to enjoy swimming
We very much enjoyed a few nights in Quinta do Rio. Not far outside Sesimbra and close to Setubal and the Serra da... more travel advice
Written Jun 29, 2009
Sesimbra with Antonio
Written Jun 29, 2009
"Covering UP" the incriminating evidence
Martin_S.'s Related Pages
Sesimbra Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Seaside Sesimbra"
- "Sesimbra, where the southern sun begins"
- "Peace and Quiet in Sunny Portugal"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sesimbra
- 3 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (39)
Have you been to Sesimbra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sesimbra
Photos in SesimbraSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arad Intro, 177 reviews, 323 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 77 reviews, 370 photos, 7 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 76 reviews, 280 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Southern District Intro, 99 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 207 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 52 reviews, 182 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 62 reviews, 139 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jerusalem Intro, 61 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 21 reviews, 151 photos, 9 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 21 reviews, 140 photos, 7 travelogues