"White Village in shadow of white capped mountains" Capileira by Martin_S.
Capileira Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 39 photos
The Las Alpuharras region is dotted with white villages sitting in the shadow of the snow capped Sierra Nevada mountains, the highest range in Spain. I can just imagine this village in the winter snows literally "disappearing" into the surrounding white.
The actual distances from village to village may be short, but when you look from one village to another they seem to be a vast distance.
You will find this area just to the east of the main road from Malaga to Antequera, take your time to explore.
- Pros:Visit for the views.
- Cons:The locals told us that it is too crowded in summer
- In a nutshell:Beautiful area
Surrounding the town of Capileira you will find some amazing views of the valley and the adjoining villages of Bubion... more travel advice
Martin_S.'s Related Pages
Capileira Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Las Alpujarras"
- "The long and winding road..."
- "White Village in shadow of white capped mountains"
- "Capileira - Deep in the Sierra Nevada"
- "Capileira and the Sierra Nevada"
- "Capileira awaits 1436 meters high in the mountains"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Capileira
- 2 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (147)
Have you been to Capileira?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Capileira
Photos in CapileiraSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arad Intro, 177 reviews, 323 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 77 reviews, 370 photos, 7 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 76 reviews, 280 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Southern District Intro, 99 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 207 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 52 reviews, 182 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 62 reviews, 139 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jerusalem Intro, 61 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 21 reviews, 151 photos, 9 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 21 reviews, 140 photos, 7 travelogues