"A good nights rest." Conil de la Frontera by Martin_S.
Conil de la Frontera Travel Guide: 81 reviews and 147 photos
We ended up in Conil de la Frontera when we were searching for accomodations close to Cadiz. Most were very expensive in the Cadiz and Jerez area, so we went south and found Conil. The accomodations there at the Pradillo Conil were excellent and you will find it on the hotel pages.
As for Conil de la Frontera, we found it to be a nice and very pleasant seaside resort town. The locals told us that in the summer it becomes a British swimming pool and is unpleasantly crowded. But as you can see in the photo, it may be worth coming here just for the sunset.
The last part of the name de la Frontera comes from the Spanish/Moor wars when the town was part of the Frontier (or town situated on the every fluctuating border between the waring factions).
Castillo Torre de Guzman (Castle Tower of Guzman), or just the Guzman Tower is situated at the beach side entrance to the old town. It was closed the days we were there, but they say that it has a beautiful view of the ocean and windmills situated behind the town, it was built in 1307.
If you want to find out more about Conil, check out:
- Pros:Beautiful for the beach
- Cons:Overly crowded in summer
- In a nutshell:Make it a stopping spot in spring or fall
Here in the Barbate Natural Park you will find the Acatilado Pine (Umbrella Pine, Sciadopitys Verticillata), a very... more travel advice
Martin_S.'s Related Pages
Conil de la Frontera Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Unspoiled beaches of unbeleivable beauty"
- "Conil de la frontera"
- "under constructiion"
- "Crystal Clear Altantic Water, Amazing Sunsets"
- "Conil de la Frontera"
- "Vt meeting in Conil"
- "Conil - Unspoilt Spanish Seaside Town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Conil de la Frontera
- Hotels in Conil de la Frontera
- Transportation in Conil de la Frontera
- Nightlife in Conil de la Frontera
- Restaurants in Conil de la Frontera
- Shopping in Conil de la Frontera
- Warnings and Dangers in Conil de la Frontera
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Conil de la Frontera
- 2 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Conil de la Frontera?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Conil de la Frontera
Photos in Conil de la FronteraSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arad Intro, 177 reviews, 323 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 77 reviews, 370 photos, 7 travelogues
- Israel Intro, 76 reviews, 280 photos, 31 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Southern District Intro, 99 reviews, 253 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grand Canyon National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 207 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 52 reviews, 182 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 62 reviews, 139 photos, 2 travelogues
- Jerusalem Intro, 61 reviews, 137 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 21 reviews, 151 photos, 9 travelogues
- Krakow Intro, 21 reviews, 140 photos, 7 travelogues